175 Open Daily games
2 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 18
    Premium Member berickf
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I was wondering, since wins and eliminations are semi related, why is there a achievement badge for a 50 game winning streak, but not an achievement badge for an elimination streak of 50?  100 might even be attainable if you hang a carrot in our face with a 100 wins/100 eliminations badges?

2. #2 / 18
    Standard Member smoke
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

What comprises, btw, an elimination streak? 

X eliminations without being eliminated yourself? Does it cross games? If someone else eliminates some other else, does that break your streak? 

3. #3 / 18
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

yes, yes, and no (I think).

I'm wondering which games count?  private games? tournaments?  dev games? 

4. #4 / 18
    Standard Member smoke
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Ozyman wrote:

Thanks -- and that's another good point. I'd guess no, yes, and no.

5. #5 / 18
    Standard Member Korrun
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

smoke wrote:
    Ozyman wrote:

Thanks -- and that's another good point. I'd guess no, yes, and no.

I think this is yes, yes, and no.

6. #6 / 18
    Premium Member berickf
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Regular games, tournament game, team games and team tournament games count.  Private and development games do not count.

Eliminations are counted in all these type of games, and every elimination that YOU get directly is counted until you yourself are eliminated. /end streak

Back to the topic, however, 50 elimination badge to match the 50 win streak badge... Yes/No?

7. #7 / 18
    Standard Member Korrun
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

yes

8. #8 / 18
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Back off topic again.  I'm guessing that eliminations that are made via factories don't count?  Sometimes in a map I'll see 'neutral eliminated X'.  I'm assuming these don't get counted for anyone?

9. #9 / 18
    Premium Member berickf
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Auto neutral and even autocapture eliminations, which should count, don't seem to...

So, I can put you down for yes Ozy?

10. #10 / 18
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

It doesn't matter to me, because I'm never going to get 50 eliminations in a row, but if it's a conceivable goal for others, than I don't see why not.

11. #11 / 18
    Premium Member berickf
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I bet you could if you tried for it!

12. #12 / 18
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

hell it's a pain just to get the 10....

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

13. #13 / 18
    Premium Member berickf
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

weathertop wrote:

hell it's a pain just to get the 10....

You need to do a lot of 1v1's on boards that you run a >80% and maybe even a >90% success rate. and when you get to 30 eliminations, or so, you slow down the inevitable loss or losses that have sprung up and play your wins as fast as your opponents will allow you.  You should also be running probably at least 10-15 1v1's at all times so that you can pick up the twenty wins/eliminations as you slow down those couple losses. And voila! 50 wins/eliminations!  It also helps if you're playing those games on a board like antastic where you can take a long time to be eliminated once you realize the game is not a win.  Usually, in the past, I always took my losses quickly (surrendered) to minimize point losses, but this last month the monthly competition forced me to push off my losses because I was worried a couple players might catch up to me in the monthly points if I took the losses before month end and next thing I knew my wins (and eliminations) were past 50... and counting.  The three losses I currently have still have not caught up to me and the wins (and eliminations) continue to pile up.  So, it is very much doable as I just did it by accident.  I bet if a good player like you went into it with a plan to succeed then even 100 wins/eliminations would be very much doable.

14. #14 / 18
    Standard Member Korrun
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I just got past 10...

15. #15 / 18
    Premium Member Andernut
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

Elimination streaks are a bit funny.  I could hit the top elimination streak pretty easily if I joined a ton of games and put myself on vacation mode and stopped taking turns in the games I was about to lose.  

This would work with the monthly competitions unfortunately as well and is an unfortunate way of gaming the system.

16. #16 / 18
    Premium Member berickf
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Andernut wrote:

Elimination streaks are a bit funny.  I could hit the top elimination streak pretty easily if I joined a ton of games and put myself on vacation mode and stopped taking turns in the games I was about to lose.  

This would work with the monthly competitions unfortunately as well and is an unfortunate way of gaming the system.

I did not use vacation to get my best streaks.  Because of the monthly competition I slow played three losses to see which month I wanted them to fall into and next thing I knew my wins and eliminations reached where they reached.  As a general rule, however, I cash out my losses as quick as I know they are a loss to have a less deleterious effect on my GR scores.  I imagined if I "gamed" it the way you are suggesting, however, I could easily reach 300/300, or there about. 

That's not the point here though as I have a genuine 50+ game elimination streak without gaming it the way you are suggesting!!! Woot!  Shouldn't that be worth a badge? ;-)  Without gaming the system, I think if I slow played those three losses a little earlier, I probably could have fairly hit the 100/100 mark, no vacation...  If you think it's a concern though, maybe the badges should only be awarded if the streak did not include the player being set on vacation during the streak?  Fine by me.

One last thing, I can definitely see how vacation can be beneficial to growing a win/elimination streak and even admit that it could probably enable me to get to 300/300 if I so desired to do what you're suggesting, but, if a person wants to compete month in/month out on the monthly competition... Less useful for gaming it  that way or else you'd just be crapping on your next month with those losses you saved up.

17. #17 / 18
    Standard Member ratsy
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I have a best streak of 20 - and I definately don't have a strategy for these things, so I think 50 would be a good badge to have.

Yes.

"I shall pass this but once, any good I can do, or kindness I can show; let me do it now. Let me not difer nor neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again." -Stephen Grellet

18. #18 / 18
    Standard Member BTdubs
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

As an old timer I look forward to any badge I do not gain automatically upon its invention. This would be one. 

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)