Pages:   1234   (4 in total)
  1. #61 / 69
    Standard Member Abishai
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Yertle wrote:

Tie the site to an Android and iOS App.

Yes please, I only play off my phone or tablet. My labtop is crap and most of the time I take a turn or two when I'm out of the house out and about.

2. Search capabilities on player's games list. 3. Border specific fog would be dope.

I try to read through the whole post but you guys who are typing essays I only maybe read the first point and then move on. Yeah summarizing is a thing, I got s*** to do today.

2. #62 / 69
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

M57 wrote:
    Kjeld wrote:

I'd like to register a different vote regarding the designer. Can you fix the designer banner of dropdown menus for continents?

I agree that this should be fixed; It is a known bug and has been mentioned before. I think tom wanted this thread to focus on new features.

I've fixed this bug. It could only be done by adding an extra line to the menu which isn't ideal but at least gets around the problem. Sorry bit of a longstanding one! Any other quick fix type issues let me know.

3. #63 / 69
    Moderator...ish. Cramchakle
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Rematches are in. Hooray! Thanks, Tom.

Has anyone ever requested Conditional Borders? Would work a bit like a factory. Hold 2 or more territories for some border (not necessarily connected to those territories) to appear.

Endless applications for this idea combining it with the different border types.

In your Face!

4. #64 / 69
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

I've certainly imagined uses for conditional borders before.  

i.e. own a certain set of territories to unlock the ability to attack other territories.

5. #65 / 69
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I like the idea, but can imagine that conditional borders would have a set of implementation issues, such as how do they show up in the designer, or the viewer?

Card Membership - putting the power of factories in your hand.

6. #66 / 69
    Premium Member berickf
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

If conditional borders were there, it'd also be cool to have board "frames" whereby one could make a frame for each round of play then it would repeat back to the round 1 frame and go through all the frames again in a cycle.  Then I could design a solar system board with borders that would come and go as planets/moons/spaceships/asteroids/meteorites/comets came into proximity with each other!

7. #67 / 69
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

berickf wrote:

If conditional borders were there, it'd also be cool to have board "frames" whereby one could make a frame for each round of play then it would repeat back to the round 1 frame and go through all the frames again in a cycle.  Then I could design a solar system board with borders that would come and go as planets/moons/spaceships/asteroids/meteorites/comets came into proximity with each other!

How about doing this with auto neutral walls between planets that come and go on a cycle?  The strength of the wall is the cost of travel between two entities.

8. #68 / 69
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Auto Neutral walls are really tricky to create in a way that 'feels' right.  Either you have to have EVERY player's (off-board) capital tied to each wall, or there's a strange full round delay where you open up the territory to all of the other players.

Card Membership - putting the power of factories in your hand.
    Edited Thu 28th May 06:30 [history]

9. #69 / 69
    Premium Member berickf
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Ozyman wrote:
    berickf wrote:

How about doing this with auto neutral walls between planets that come and go on a cycle?  The strength of the wall is the cost of travel between two entities.

I'd actually like to have the planets orbit the sun, so, it would be based on 12, or 24 frames whereby they would orbit at different speeds and the borders would be completely different from frame to frame... So, neutral walls wouldn't make sense when the point would be to orbit the bodies into and out of each others proximity.  But, if such borders were to come into play as the original suggestion was put, I was just saying that it'd be cool to have frames too, so, one could make variable boards that would rotate through a cycle of different board states as one of many reasons to have fluctuating borders.

Another example of where cyclical frames with fluctuating borders could be fun, could be a 12 or 4 cycle world board where the 12 (months) or 4 (seasons) represent an annual progression where hot/cold regions become temporarily impassable... Or it could be on a more local basis and focus on one part of the world over an annual cycle... Or, for the under the sea theme, one could have done a tidal cycle.  Really, the application of fluctuating borders and cyclical frames would be endless!

Edited Thu 28th May 14:00 [history]

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1234   (4 in total)