2 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1234   (4 in total)
  1. #41 / 69
    Premium Member Kjeld
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

tom wrote:

I've added border arrows to the Native Player history view - red arrows are for attacks, white arrows are transfers / fortifies.

Very cool!

2. #42 / 69
    Premium Member berickf
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

tom wrote:

I've added border arrows to the Native Player history view - red arrows are for attacks, white arrows are transfers / fortifies.

Could that have busted the history view for some boards/circumstances, because I'm having history view problems all of a sudden.

3. #43 / 69
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

It's working in the Native player - can you use that for now whilst I investigate?

4. #44 / 69
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

It's working in the Native player - can you use that for now whilst I investigate?

5. #45 / 69
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Tie the site to an Android and iOS App.

You have been granted the title of Strategist!

6. #46 / 69
    Major General asm asm is offline now
    Standard Member asm
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Bingo.

Been gone a while. You all did a good job holding down the fort.

7. #47 / 69
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

asm wrote:

Bingo.

Yup. Makes even more sense now than it did 2 or 3 years ago - but you guys are hijacking this ..ahem.. designer's thread.

Card Membership - putting the power of factories in your hand.

8. #48 / 69
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Yertle wrote:

Tie the site to an Android and iOS App.

I dunno.  I don't think I could play on my phone - the screen is just too small.  I guess you could plan on a tablet.

9. #49 / 69
    Standard Member Korrun
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I play on my phone all the time. Being mobile friendly was the original reason I tried out this site. As for an app, there are two reasons I see it being helpful. Better turn notification and cheap advertising. You could probably just make a turn notification app that sends you to the native player in the browser.

10. #50 / 69
    Moderator...ish. Cramchakle
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

I play on my phone. I generally prefer services that work mobile friendly to requiring an app for a good mobile experience. The only reason I bother with apps for anything is off-line activities.

In your Face!

11. #51 / 69
    Premium Member berickf
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I used to play some Conquer Club on my phone.  I hold the record for playing a risk emulation game from the highest altitude.  From the peak of Mt. Kenya!  My hands were freezing!  I do not find WarGear very mobile friendly however as it just keeps jamming, lagging and crashing for me on the mobile and is nigh impossible to play on it.  My wife's phone handles it slightly better then mine, but, still not well enough to do it except for emergencies and even then I'd just take half-assed turns to tide me over till I can get back to a laptop.

Edited Fri 27th Mar 12:15 [history]

12. #52 / 69
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

berickf wrote:

I hold the record for playing a risk emulation game from the highest altitude.  From the peak of Mt. Kenya!  My hands were freezing! 

so much for my playing on Pike's Peak...

...not well enough to do it except for emergencies and even then I'd just take half-assed turns to tide me over till I can get back to a laptop.

i play on my phone when the need arises (to keep from getting skipped, but usually wait for a laptop too...

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

13. #53 / 69
    Premium Member Kjeld
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

I'd like to register a different vote regarding the designer. Can you fix the designer banner of dropdown menus for continents?

I know this has been mentioned before, but to reiterate, for factory continents (and those with long names) the menu widths expand such that the right end of the banner (with the Apply and Cancel buttons!) goes off screen. Once off screen, I can no longer access those menus and buttons, which makes it pretty much impossible to edit or work with these kinds of continents in the designer -- pretty much have to go through the XML files, which have their own issues.

EDIT: I was going to add a picture to illustrate what I mean, but kept getting an error, so, you'll just have to try to imagine it.

Edited Sat 28th Mar 13:34 [history]

14. #54 / 69
    Premium Member berickf
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Kjeld wrote:

I'd like to register a different vote regarding the designer. Can you fix the designer banner of dropdown menus for continents?

I know this has been mentioned before, but to reiterate, for factory continents (and those with long names) the menu widths expand such that the right end of the banner (with the Apply and Cancel buttons!) goes off screen. Once off screen, I can no longer access those menus and buttons, which makes it pretty much impossible to edit or work with these kinds of continents in the designer -- pretty much have to go through the XML files, which have their own issues.

EDIT: I was going to add a picture to illustrate what I mean, but kept getting an error, so, you'll just have to try to imagine it.

I have experienced this problem before, but, since I got a laptop with a higher resolution screen it hasn't been an issue anymore.  With my old laptop I used to ctrl+/- and screw around with it till I would finally get it to work.  The weird thing was that ctrl+/- would never work in the designer so I'd ctrl +/- other internet sites and then use that tab to open the designer and hope I got lucky and could now see the apply button.  What can you say... I'm crazy!

15. #55 / 69
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Kjeld wrote:

I agree that this should be fixed; It is a known bug and has been mentioned before. I think tom wanted this thread to focus on new features.

Card Membership - putting the power of factories in your hand.
    Edited Sat 28th Mar 17:46 [history]

16. #56 / 69
    Standard Member Korrun
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

berickf wrote:
    Kjeld wrote:

I have experienced this problem before, but, since I got a laptop with a higher resolution screen it hasn't been an issue anymore.  With my old laptop I used to ctrl+/- and screw around with it till I would finally get it to work.  The weird thing was that ctrl+/- would never work in the designer so I'd ctrl +/- other internet sites and then use that tab to open the designer and hope I got lucky and could now see the apply button.  What can you say... I'm crazy!

This workaround works for me also (I use firefox). You do not have to go to a different site though. Just click someplace on the page that isn't flash and the press ctrl+ a few times to see the rest of the buttons. When you're done press ctrl 0 to go back to default zoom.

17. #57 / 69
    Premium Member berickf
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Korrun wrote:
    berickf wrote:
    Kjeld wrote:

This workaround works for me also (I use firefox). You do not have to go to a different site though. Just click someplace on the page that isn't flash and the press ctrl+ a few times to see the rest of the buttons. When you're done press ctrl 0 to go back to default zoom.

Ooohh... I wish I knew that when I needed to!

And not to de-rail this thread again... Token territories!

18. #58 / 69
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

M57 wrote:
    asm wrote:

Bingo.

- but you guys are hijacking this ..ahem.. designer's thread.

I would say this ties in directly with the desire for Designer's maps to get played more. I agree that the site is already fairly mobile friendly, but I think an App could help even more in addition to gaining notifications and such. 

You have been granted the title of Strategist!

19. #59 / 69
    Moderator...ish. Cramchakle
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

In voting for a non-designer feature, I'd like a 'rematch' button. A one-click thing I can press during or after a game to start another private match with the same folks as are in the current game.

In your Face!

20. #60 / 69
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

Cramchakle wrote:

In voting for a non-designer feature, I'd like a 'rematch' button. A one-click thing I can press during or after a game to start another private match with the same folks as are in the current game.

This is a frequent ask so I vote for it also even though I probably would not use.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1234   (4 in total)