1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   123456   (6 in total)
  1. #1 / 110
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Another set of multi accounts were banned last night - some of the worst cheating I've seen for a while. These accounts were all linked and used by a single player (DONNAREID) and have been banned as a consequence:

alsuperal
    deadline day
    DONNAREID (Primary)
    hooray henry
    jonesey953
    loanranger
    ruprecht
    The Dikler
    tomq
    tomtucker
    Un de Sceaux
    weewillie

I've terminated all games where these players where this player used multiple accounts to cheat and will run a points recovery this weekend so any lost ranking points will be recovered.

2. #2 / 110
    Standard Member Full Force Fugee
    Rank
    Sergeant
    Rank Posn

Good catch! I was/am in many games with those players listed. Sometimes I didn't understand the strategies taken to target players without an obvious plan to the game.
    I joined and play on this site to help me relax and get my mind off the job! Cheaters have no place here!

3. #3 / 110
    Major General asm asm is offline now
    Standard Member asm
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

That is insane. Thanks Tom.

Been gone a while. You all did a good job holding down the fort.

4. #4 / 110
    Premium Member IRsmart
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

some very familair names there, especially for those who have been playing Wargear warfare a lot recently.

It'll be interesting to see what this does to the rankings on Warfare. Those who have lost out most will also rise the most I'd expect.

Edited Sat 7th Mar 13:52 [history]

5. #5 / 110
    Premium Member Snake Eyes
    Rank
    Lieutenant
    Rank Posn

I've noticed several new deactivated accounts in the week preceding this as well.

Can we get notice of those account names as well?

6. #6 / 110
    Standard Member Abishai
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

7. #7 / 110
    Standard Member Xrayjay
    Rank
    Sergeant
    Rank Posn

I thought DONNAREID has a shockingly good record. I don't recognise any of the other names from games I have been in with Donnareid....wonder if the problem goes deeper still?

8. #8 / 110
    Major General asm asm is offline now
    Standard Member asm
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

I do recognize most of those names and in fact I find that this list of names squares some things that had been bothering me about some of those players' seemingly variable skill level from game to game.

Been gone a while. You all did a good job holding down the fort.

9. #9 / 110
    Premium Member Babbalouie
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

DONNAREID sucked on the Civil War board, but I did notice a marked quick rise in WarGear Warfare.

10. #10 / 110
    Premium Member Chele Nica
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

DONNAREID was a skilled player, I saw that on 1 to 1 matches, and in multiplayer WGW, but I didn't imagine they were doing this, and obviously not as skilled as the rankings indicated. Most of those account names are familiar. Thanks Tom for catching this extended fraud.

11. #11 / 110
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

So the adjustments to the rankings affect only multiplayer games against this player? I lost the following 1-on-1 game to DONNNAREID, and wondered if it would be affected too? http://www.wargear.net/games/view/413602

12. #12 / 110
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

I found an old post from Tom, in which he states: "I have modified the code so only games where cheaters played with multiple accounts will be nullified". This makes sense to me, thanks

13. #13 / 110
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Yes that's right - only where the cheater gained an unfair advantage by using multiple accounts to win a game. Where another player won or where it was a fair game (the cheater only used one account) the game result stands.

14. #14 / 110
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Chicken Slayer and MACHU PICCHU banned for multi account cheating.

15. #15 / 110
    Standard Member Aiken Drumn
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Can I point out http://www.wargear.net/players/info/AngeliqueTheUnicorn is my gf..and so will be in games with me/against me, same IP/different IP from time to time? Don't want anyone to get the wrong idea, I like this place!

Off Topic!

16. #16 / 110
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Aiken Drumn wrote:

Can I point out http://www.wargear.net/players/info/AngeliqueTheUnicorn is my gf..and so will be in games with me/against me, same IP/different IP from time to time? Don't want anyone to get the wrong idea, I like this place!

Sure, no problem at all.

17. #17 / 110
    Standard Member btilly
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Aiken Drumn wrote:

In a similar note, http://www.wargear.net/players/info/Fireant is my son so same thing.

Please go easy on him guys, he's only 12 and I'm just getting him into these games.  (In fact he's the baby in my picture..my how time flies.)

Edited Wed 8th Mar 10:09 [history]

18. #18 / 110
    Standard Member ratsy
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I'm sure he just loooves that your rocking his baby pic.  lol {#emotions_dlg.cylon}

"I shall pass this way but once, any good I can do, or kindness I can show; let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again." -Stephen Grellet

19. #19 / 110
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

btilly wrote:
    Aiken Drumn wrote:

In a similar note, http://www.wargear.net/players/info/Fireant is my son so same thing.

Please go easy on him guys, he's only 12 and I'm just getting him into these games.  (In fact he's the baby in my picture..my how time flies.)

My kids played on here for a year or so when they were around that age.  They did well - my son even designed a map.  (Battle for New York)  Good stuff bringing him in -

20. #20 / 110
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Roger Wilco and Chareth Cutestory banned for being multiple accounts run by the same player.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   123456   (6 in total)