188 Open Daily games
0 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 7
    Standard Member Thingol
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Just noticing that a lot of folks seem to be selling off their old D&D modules.  I haven't played in many years, but I get a feeling of nostalgia every now and then.   I'm sure there are quite a few players on the site who have played.  Just wondering what other folks considered their favorites.

As for mine, I'd have to put Ravenloft (original), Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh and Lost Isle of Castanamir as personal favorites.  The first 2 had an eerieness about them and were very immersive.  Castanamir on the other hand, was so wacky and comical that it also was fun, albeit frustrating at times.

2. #2 / 7
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

Had all three of them.  Every new group of players went through Saltmarsh.

Trying to remember my favorites though -

This helps -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Dungeons_%26_Dragons_modules

B1 In Search of the Unknown - one of my first - my copy wore out.

Tomb of the Lizard King.  Loved that one.

Castle Amber - my cousin had this and we replayed it a couple of times.

3. #3 / 7
    Standard Member Thingol
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Oh yes, Castle Amber - how could I forget the indoor forest and all the eccentric personalities? {#emotions_dlg.thumb}

4. #4 / 7
    Major General asm asm is offline now
    Standard Member asm
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Wow! I had the Saltmarsh module too!

The one I remember playing the most back in those days was probably (B2) The Keep on the Borderlands - but my friends and I spent very little time in the module-playing phase and skipped pretty much straight to designing our own worlds and campaigns.

Been gone a while. You all did a good job holding down the fort.

5. #5 / 7
    Standard Member Thingol
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

It's funny you mention that ASM.  Every copy of B2 that I see for sale is completely abused.  No 'very good' copies out there any more, lol.  I never played that module.  There was an opportunity once, but I was too young to join my older brothers and their friends, one of which owned it.  {#emotions_dlg.shakehead}  But, it seems to be generally well reviewed.

6. #6 / 7
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

Keep on the Borderlands seems to be very fondly remembered but I also did not own it at the time.  I think I picked up a copy a few years ago though.  My stuff is all packed away right now -

I've been thinking of others - did you play the "Alice In Wonderland" themed ones?  I think they were Dungeonland and Beyond the Magic Mirror.  A lot of wild stuff there -

The other low level one we played a few times was something with a reptile god - where  a naga(?) was hypnotizing a town.  

7. #7 / 7
    Standard Member Thingol
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

I did get to play a portion of the Dungeonland module as the DM incorporated it as a tangential exercise in another adventure (Baltron's Beacon, I think). He did so without letting us know beforehand. We were all a bit freaked out at first and thought he must have suffered a stroke or perhaps wandered upon a few bad mushrooms at the time, as none of it was making sense at the time. Then he told us afterward, lol. I think one of us lost a character in the exercise and when we resumed the regular adventure, we were told it was just a bad, trippy mass dream. Kind of ingenius, actually.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)