0 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 8
    Premium Member berickf
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Hey all,

Does anyone know how to do, and if not has it been requested before to be able to do a cap on transfer?

By this I mean that upon completion of an attack only x number of troops could pass into the captured territory, where x is that cap?  Not a territory cap mind you, but a transfer cap whereby the territory itself could have a much larger holding capacity when deposited into directly via placement or attacked from non capped borders.

To be a bit more in depth with regard to what I am trying to do, or proposing if it is not already possible...  If the transfer cap 'x' were set at >3 then the original 3 representing the dice rolled plus the difference up to x could move through.  If x were 3 then only the three representing the dice rolled could pass.  If x were 2 then only two dice could be rolled and only 2 troops could pass.  If x were 1 then only 1 dice could be rolled and only 1 troop could pass.

Using such transfer caps with either attack only or default borders could create some interesting effects, including one I am envisioning.

Thanks!

Erick

2. #2 / 8
    Standard Member ratsy
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Workaround:

...You could have an intermediate territory with a territory cap on it. Then you'd only be able to move a certain number of units/turn....

"I shall pass this but once, any good I can do, or kindness I can show; let me do it now. Let me not difer nor neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again." -Stephen Grellet

3. #3 / 8
    Premium Member berickf
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

That works with unlimited fortifies so as to be able to get to the intermediate territory, do the capped attack, then get there again, do the capped attack again, etc, until successful and the desired amount passes through, but, I have limited fortifies.  Though that could get tiresome even if it had unlimited fortifications!  Ideally the original territory could be able to have all the troops in the world to accomplish what needs to get done to the destination territory, but, once accomplished, only the capped amount could come through.

4. #4 / 8
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

does a territory max help or no?

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

5. #5 / 8
    Premium Member berickf
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Like ratsy was saying, I could have an intermediary territory at which point the territory max on the intermediary could act like a transfer cap by limiting the troop count prior to attacking, but, that would also use up fortifies to get to the intermediary territory and also make it quite tedious if it required multiple attacks to take the target territory.  So, it would be a really clunky workaround and doesn't work if the fortifies are limited, as they are on my intended board.

Ideally, it would be a border option, or a border modification option.  Though, if it was too difficult to get A or T to be locked in at 2 r 1 dice, if the transfer cap were set at 1 or 2, it could be locked to an integer of 3 to unlimited to start?

For active boards where I could give an example of where such might be useful, the best example might be invention.  Lets say Ozy didn't want espionage to be able to flood into other's tech trees.  He could put transfer caps on the borders out of espionage and then if you wanted to attack another's tech you'd have to select which one specifically because you could no longer just flood across then go down the line.  It'd be capped at 3 and a maximum of 3 troops would come out the other side no matter if someone pressed 1, 2, 3, A or T.  It could also be used to refine airplanes and jet planes, if he wanted.

It could also be used for creating bottlenecks like mountain passes, or, mimicking the troop limitations for desolate terrain, like deserts.  I am trying to use such for paratroopers.

6. #6 / 8
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Intermediate territories mess up a lot of things like - bonus allocations.  It would be one thing if there could be phantom non-counting territories.  They've been proposed before the name escapes me.

Card Membership - putting the power of factories in your hand.

7. #7 / 8
    Standard Member Korrun
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

token territories

8. #8 / 8
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Korrun wrote:

token territories

yeah - that's the ticket.

Card Membership - putting the power of factories in your hand.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)