184 Open Daily games
0 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 4
    Standard Member Korrun
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

What do you think about Factory Caps having precedence over Territory Maxes?

Here is what I mean. You have a territory with max 5 units, so you can only place up to 5 units and if you capture it you can only move a maximum of 5 units into it. You also have a factory adding units to that territory. The factory cap is set to 10, so it will keep on adding units by factory up to 10 instead of 5. (note: factory caps are relatively new so this shouldn't break any existing boards, and the game engine is fine with having more units on a territory than the max as is shown in the starting setup of Iwo Jima).

I think this would be a useful tool.

2. #2 / 4
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I would have to think about this.  Is there a relevant thread/that you can point us to that talks about proposed factory caps?  As I recall, there was one, and it was a bit complicated - or at least went into a fair amount of depth and detail on the issue.

Card Membership - putting the power of factories in your hand.

3. #3 / 4
    Standard Member Korrun
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I don't believe it has been discussed. Looking through the search results (say here http://www.wargear.net/forum/showthread/1401p1) how to use territory maxes was discussed when factories were first created and I'm not suggesting that anything change with territory maxes. There is just the possibility of increased control now that there are factory caps as well.

Let's take the situation where we have a territory with placement on and a factory adding units to it. We can currently have:

1. Unlimited to both.

2. Territory max which stops both placement and factory increase at the same amount.

3. A factory cap the stops the factory at a lower amount and placement still works up to the higher territory max.

I'm suggesting using the factory cap to add a 4th option:

4. Placement is stopped at the lower territory max, but the factory continues adding units up to the higher factory cap.

4. #4 / 4
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Seems like it would be more flexible that way, so I guess I'm in favor.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)