0 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 9
    Standard Member Hugh
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

http://www.wargear.net/games/player/414925

(Simulgear): On two different computers I have submitted my orders and hit the "Commit" button. It doesn't respond at all to my click - no error message, nothing. I hover over the button and it changes shade, I click, then nothing. After trading in, my units were allocated, but it still says 6 cards - don't know if that glitch is related.

It was working earlier in the game. The only new situation is an elimination and acquisition of cards. But I trade the cards before entering the order. Something broke.

Edited Tue 10th Feb 11:24 [history]

2. #2 / 9
    Moderator...ish. Cramchakle
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

I occasionally run into similar bugs on Simulgear, but hardly ever the same set of circumstances twice. Typically, if you f5 refresh the page (at the cost of having to re-enter all your placement and orders), it will work the second time.

Part of the problem on DEV/REV games is that if I go into the designer and change something after someone has place their orders, and those orders are affected by the change, it can all out break the game but sometimes just forces the player to re-do their orders.

In your Face!

3. #3 / 9
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

As an example from the game you linked that will probably break the game entirely, we found that territory that had no unit max by having it end up with a bunch more units on it than intended. I've updated the territory rules in the designer, but there are currently way more units on that territory than allowed. I'm pretty sure the engine handles that "exception" fine on standard play, but I'm not sure if the logic that executes the "simultaneous" orders will know what to do when it gets there.

In your Face!

4. #4 / 9
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

It may, however, move past it just fine. I'm not sure, as I've not seen it before. It isn't something that should ever really be a part of live play, assuming a successful DEV/REV cycle.

In your Face!

5. #5 / 9
    Standard Member Hugh
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

I tried the refresh. No luck. Bummer.

6. #6 / 9
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

hi Hugh - can you send me a PM with what orders you were trying to execute and I'll see if I can spot the problem.

7. #7 / 9
    Standard Member Korrun
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I had a simulgear game recently where the commit button didn't do anything, but then I realized I needed to trade cards.

8. #8 / 9
    Standard Member Hugh
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

When I clicked "Review", it clearly included the card trade-in, so it's not that. I also tried from my phone, so it's not browser related. Looks like it's on the Wargear side, though possibly due to something Cram did (it is a dev game on one of his maps)... It is being looked into.

9. #9 / 9
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

This should be fixed now - it was a bug in the card turn-in code, it was still waiting for you to trade cards.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)