2 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 4
    Premium Member Footfungus
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

http://www.wargear.net/games/view/404938

In this game, does pink play reasonably?

2. #2 / 4
    Standard Member ratsy
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Meh. Coulda, shoulda, woulda... 

-It's a game of war, gotta take the game and the players as they are.-

Did you're choice result in the loss? I think maybe... was it reasonable? I would say it was.

"I shall pass this but once, any good I can do, or kindness I can show; let me do it now. Let me not difer nor neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again." -Stephen Grellet

3. #3 / 4
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

I frequently turtle when games are going against me when that is the only course of action available to me.  But turtling only works if the other players are going to beat on each other for awhile.  Here both you and KD were pretty weak compared to green so turtling  while green killed KD and then moved onto you wasn't going to work long term. 

Looking at turn 242 KD gave you an opening to attack green when both you and KD were very weak compared to green.  At least go up and grab that +2 spade, but you probably could have kept going and taken more bonuses from green.  Of course KD was playing you some since he wanted you to do that, and for green to revenge on you while KD stood back and grew, but that is the strategy in 3 player games where a player is in the clear lead. 

If you had followed that it would have given you a slim chance at winning and KD a much better chance, but since you didn't that pretty much gave it to green.  Of course this po'd KD and he just attacked you and that really finished the game. 

You had probably given up on the game after turn 2 with the lousy defense dice you had.  It's tough to stay interested in a game when you lose that early.  I know sometimes I take turns so fast I miss things like this and if that is what happened here just move on.

4. #4 / 4
    Premium Member Footfungus
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

of course, he could have easily taken out that 2 army bonus, too, but didn't because he wanted to freeload off my attack. Actually, if he had attacked green instead of suiciding against me, I think someone else could have won the game. we both had a lot of guys left, and I certainly would have started attacking green if it became necessary. I maintain I played it the only way I could. You can't eliminate a players entire opening and then assume he'll play aggressive until he dies. The optimal strategy was turtling, so that's what I did.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)