2 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 5
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I'm designing a new board that I plan to have play similarly to "War of the Roses." 

http://www.wargear.net/boards/designer/5691

As you can see, there are a few more territories and houses. I'm looking to have a few things function differently and I wanted to run my ideas by folks and get some feedback.

Now that WG has a "Capture Territory" Win Condition, there is no need to have roses/capitals. However, I'm thinking of replacing the roses with the Horsemen/Mercenaries that you see in the middle of the board - one for each player - up to 14 players.

The plan is that players can put units on the mercenaries whenever they like and build up slowly/stealthily, to support their claim, etc.

Similar to WotR, mercenaries will only be able to attack the crown, but I was considering that because the mercs can now be built up over time, they should be vulnerable.  One though was to make it so that any mercenary could attack any mercenary (artillery borders would prevent capture), but then light fog would make it easy to see if someone was building up.

So I then came up with the idea of having the castles on the map (which might start with 5 or 10 neutrals) be able to attack the mercenaries - or even the crown.

Thoughts..?

Card Membership - putting the power of factories in your hand.
    Edited Sun 18th May 11:03 [history]

2. #2 / 5
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Hmm.. tried to load an updated board (a larger file but same size image) and I get an error message.. 

"Image size must be less than 1536Kbytes" - but I was able to upload that size image before??

The image is a 1600x915 png file.  The file size is 3.1MB - well below the max.

3. #3 / 5
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Deleted original board..  New url

http://www.wargear.net/boards/designer/5692

Had to start from scratch - still doesn't accept larger file size of 3.1MB - but will accept 1.3MB

Edit: Finally got it to work - had to posterize image down to 1.5MB - don't remember it being that strict.

Edited Sun 18th May 14:48 [history]

4. #4 / 5
    Standard Member The Dude
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Those links don't work. Was this Renaissance Wars?

Look, let me explain something to you. I'm not Mr. Lebowski. You're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. That, or His Dudeness … Duder … or El Duderino, if, you know, you're not into the whole brevity thing.

5. #5 / 5
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

The Dude wrote:

Those links don't work. Was this Renaissance Wars?

Yep.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)