207 Open Daily games
2 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 10
    Standard Member Chinnie
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

I have an idea to create a map where you can have different types of units by adjusting the D and A dice rolls. However, when a territory weak units would win a battle against a stronger unit, the units transferred to the territory would suddenly become strong units. 

What I will ideally need is the attacker to be unable to transfer any units to the region after he has succesfully attacked it. It will simply have to turn to his color with 0 units on the territory.

Does anyone know if this feature is available or is there maybe a way to circumvent this problem?

2. #2 / 10
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I'm not quite understand exactly what you want.. You want the units transferred to the (stronger) territory to become strong, yet you don't want any units on the conquered territory.

With Abandon ON (which is what you must have enabled if you want territories to support 0 units), a lot can be accomplished with factories, but be advised that Abandon ON is a global setting.  All territories become abandon-able, which tends to encourage un-Risk-like game-play.  More than one designer has requested the ability to assign Abandonability to individual territories, but Tom has suggested that this would entail quite a bit of work.

Besides, if you can't transfer units to the territory AND when you conquer it, it has no units.. How do units get to the territory?  Placement only?

Card Membership - putting the power of factories in your hand.
    Edited Mon 7th Apr 06:43 [history]

3. #3 / 10
    Standard Member Chinnie
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Thanks for your reply ^^

I don't want the weak units to become strong. That's why I need them to stay in their own territory unless the territory hosts the same type of unit.

Each class of units has their own sort of realm to move around in and are able to attack the other realms, but the thing is I want them to stay inside their own realm and not go into others when they capture regions.

I'm new to boardmaking and I can't think of a way to make this work. 

Edited Mon 7th Apr 09:33 [history]

4. #4 / 10
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

You can use artillery attack borders to keep the units from transferring from one territory to another.  If abandon is on, you could still kill all units in the target territory, but you wouldn't be able to move any units there from your attacking territory.

5. #5 / 10
    Standard Member Chinnie
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Ah yes, of course. Thank you very much :D

6. #6 / 10
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Ozyman wrote:

You can use artillery attack borders to keep the units from transferring from one territory to another.  If abandon is on, you could still kill all units in the target territory, but you wouldn't be able to move any units there from your attacking territory.

But you wouldn't be able to actually take control of the area.  Artillery borders do not capture.

Card Membership - putting the power of factories in your hand.

7. #7 / 10
    Standard Member Chinnie
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

That's where the hero unit comes in =D (I'm trying to make a board game based on Heroes of Might & Magic including different units, resources and towns)

8. #8 / 10
    Standard Member ratsy
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

You could add a one-way transfer only border on top of the artillery border too, which will allow you to move units into the territory, if you own it.  

"I shall pass this but once, any good I can do, or kindness I can show; let me do it now. Let me not difer nor neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again." -Stephen Grellet

9. #9 / 10
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

ratsy wrote:

You could add a one-way transfer only border on top of the artillery border too, which will allow you to move units into the territory, if you own it.  

can you do this?  I thought just one border in each direction is allowed between two territories.

10. #10 / 10
    Standard Member ratsy
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

You can't do the types that have overlapping functionality - like a normal border and an artillery border, but you can put an artillery and a transfer only on top of one another.

(now that you question it though, I may have had to do this in the xml - designer doesn't like repeating them)

"I shall pass this but once, any good I can do, or kindness I can show; let me do it now. Let me not difer nor neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again." -Stephen Grellet

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)