193 Open Daily games
1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 10
    Standard Member SquintGnome
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

If I put the setting for "Allow seat selection" from None to Seats, will that allow player to seat their color before the game begins.  this is for my AA World Board (Axies and Allies type), so I would like the players to select the country (and therefore the side) they play on before the game starts. 

2. #2 / 10
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

A perennial question that people usually figure out just long enough to make the board they are doing and then immediately become confused again.  

Invite me to a game if you want to test it.

3. #3 / 10
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Amidon37 wrote:

A perennial question that people usually figure out just long enough to make the board they are doing and then immediately become confused again.  

Invite me to a game if you want to test it.

Thanks A37, does that mean that is the setting I should change?

4. #4 / 10
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

I don't know.  I think so.  Check out "The Walking Dead" board and see what is set there.  

One scenario is set so that players can pick there color and therefore their side.  If that is what you want then that is what you should copy.

Also look at the "Lock player colors to specific seat" and "Lock order in which seats take turns".  I think they may also effect what you are trying to do.

5. #5 / 10
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Amidon37 wrote:

That's my method.  It always seems to do the opposite of what I want, so I don't even bother to try and understand it anymore,  I just play with it until it works.

Card Membership - putting the power of factories in your hand.

6. #6 / 10
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

when you find the answer, post it so we can update the wiki...

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

7. #7 / 10
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

How do I post a link to the game I started, cut and paste is not working?

8. #8 / 10
    Standard Member ratsy
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Wow SG your full of the tough questions... {#emotions_dlg.confused}

"I shall pass this but once, any good I can do, or kindness I can show; let me do it now. Let me not difer nor neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again." -Stephen Grellet

9. #9 / 10
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

well, I cant insert a link, but here is the game http://www.wargear.net/games/player/340606.  I need two more players to join to see if it works.

Changing the "Allow players to choose seats" from None to Seats seems to work.

There is a glitch though in the screen where you select settings for a new game.  The drop-down box to select a color does not appear unless you pick the relevant scenario in the drop down box.  So, if the scenario is the default, you have to select something else and then go back to it before the drop down box appears.

***When I typed the game address in it automatically became a link, so I guess that is how you do it?

Edited Fri 21st Feb 22:23 [history]

10. #10 / 10
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Amidon37 wrote:

Yep {#emotions_dlg.razz} Although sometimes the Rules at the bottom of the Rules Wiki page help me remember what does what...sometimes :)

You have been granted the title of Strategist!

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)