179 Open Daily games
0 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   123   (3 in total)
  1. #1 / 58
    Premium Member Andernut
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

"Not Feeling the Love" - I am seriously amazed I haven't made more enemies here.   I do indeed blow a gasket when people don't play the way I would expect them to and am surprised it hasn't made more enemies.   I'm actually feeling the love. 

Edit - Love the achievements by the way.

Edited Thu 23rd Jan 15:26 [history]

2. #2 / 58
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

in a similar vein, i was surprised there were at least 25 out there that marked me as a friend.

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

3. #3 / 58
    Standard Member Ohbie
    Rank
    Lieutenant
    Rank Posn

Where do you find the description for each of the achievements?

4. #4 / 58
    Standard Member ratsy
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

http://www.wargear.net/forum/showthread/3507/New_Ranks_System

http://www.wargear.net/wiki/doku.php?id=achievements

"I shall pass this but once, any good I can do, or kindness I can show; let me do it now. Let me not difer nor neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again." -Stephen Grellet

5. #5 / 58
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

i assume tom will want the ranking descriptions on the wiki? i was going to put them there with the achievements (and rename the link Rankings & Achievements), but since he mentioned there may be some updates coming along, i figured prolly should wait?

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

6. #6 / 58
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I say be bold.

7. #7 / 58
    Standard Member Ohbie
    Rank
    Lieutenant
    Rank Posn

Thanks for the link ratsy. 

I'm liking the changes!

8. #8 / 58
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Ozyman wrote:

I say be bold.

ok. but seems like the first column in tables (i added for a cleaner look) are not even tho they should all have even spacing...

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

9. #9 / 58
    Standard Member Thingol
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

I must admit the metals look pretty cool.  I've never played a game other than for the enjoyment of the game itself and never concerned myself with stats (other than perhaps win percentage, which sadly is way down for me over here), but seeing the medals is kind of inspiring, lol.

Keep up the good work guys. {#emotions_dlg.thumb}

10. #10 / 58
    Premium Member Cona Chris
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

I love the new stuff!  Very nice, thanks!

I was wondering, has everything been loaded?  I did notice in checking a few players out that some don't have any achievements (like Luieuil)?   I was expecting to see more for myself (like winning a tournament, winning team tournament, etc.).

Edit - And I did have a general question too, what is an elimination streak?   I get that you can say, in an 8-player game, go on a run and eliminate the other 7 players, but the max players per game is 16 and there are achievements for elimination streaks of 25, so I wasn't sure what that meant.

Edited Thu 23rd Jan 23:17 [history]

11. #11 / 58
    Standard Member Toto
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Cona Chris wrote:

Edit - And I did have a general question too, what is an elimination streak?   I get that you can say, in an 8-player game, go on a run and eliminate the other 7 players, but the max players per game is 16 and there are achievements for elimination streaks of 25, so I wasn't sure what that meant.

It looks like it's the highest number of victories your got in a row. This figure appears at the very bottom line of your ranking history. 18 in your case.

Not sure it's an interesting achievement. I would not encourage players dragging on games when they are winning while making sure they lose fast.

Edited Fri 24th Jan 03:33 [history]

12. #12 / 58
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

weathertop wrote:

i assume tom will want the ranking descriptions on the wiki? i was going to put them there with the achievements (and rename the link Rankings & Achievements), but since he mentioned there may be some updates coming along, i figured prolly should wait?

Yes please just hadn't got around to it!

Need to add images for the achievements as well.

13. #13 / 58
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Cona Chris wrote:

I was wondering, has everything been loaded?  I did notice in checking a few players out that some don't have any achievements (like Luieuil)?   I was expecting to see more for myself (like winning a tournament, winning team tournament, etc.).

The achievements were being back-calculated overnight, this has now finished so most people now should have some achievements.

Elimination streaks keep running between games - it's about how many consecutive eliminations you can rack up without being eliminated yourself.

14. #14 / 58
    Premium Member Cona Chris
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

tom wrote:
    Cona Chris wrote:

The achievements were being back-calculated overnight, this has now finished so most people now should have some achievements.

Elimination streaks keep running between games - it's about how many consecutive eliminations you can rack up without being eliminated yourself.

Gotcha - thanks!

15. #15 / 58
    Standard Member ratsy
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Many of mine are for that reason, some are cause I want them on my board dev tester list too. 

"I shall pass this but once, any good I can do, or kindness I can show; let me do it now. Let me not difer nor neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again." -Stephen Grellet

16. #16 / 58
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Mad Bomber wrote:
    weathertop wrote:

in a similar vein, i was surprised there were at least 25 out there that marked me as a friend.

My guess is that you are their friends because they want you on their tournament invite list.....

sure. break my bubble. *sniff*

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

17. #17 / 58
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

tom wrote:

Need to add images for the achievements as well.

nice to see the images on the wiki. i think it helps aesthetically!  

can we get the mouse click to enlarge in a popup (like the tourney board image preview or even tourney trophy preview) instead of opening a new page? -- not sure if it's possible within the format of the wiki

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...
    Edited Fri 24th Jan 14:36 [history]

18. #18 / 58
    Standard Member itsnotatumor
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

Andernut wrote:

"Not Feeling the Love" - I am seriously amazed I haven't made more enemies here.   I do indeed blow a gasket when people don't play the way I would expect them to and am surprised it hasn't made more enemies.   I'm actually feeling the love. 

Edit - Love the achievements by the way.

I'm betting most people are like me, only enemy people who are not trustworthy. 

Fortune favors the bold, and chance favors the prepared mind...

19. #19 / 58
    Standard Member Patton
    Rank
    Captain
    Rank Posn

As usual, great work!  Truly impressive how this site continues to make strides, I must tip my cap!  I am sure I am not alone when I say, with all sincerity, THANK YOU!!!

Card Carrying member of the "Majority Order of the Bell Curve".

20. #20 / 58
    Standard Member BTdubs
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Patton wrote:

As usual, great work!  Truly impressive how this site continues to make strides, I must tip my cap!  I am sure I am not alone when I say, with all sincerity, THANK YOU!!!

+1

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   123   (3 in total)