Sorry i know its pretty ovious,but i am new to all this,we bit overwhelming

THX

2. #2 / 6
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

welcome KingohFife!

A is kind of hard to tell. depends a lot on the situtation. 

B on the other hand is pretty easy to answer. there are 4 separate cards in this system an A card, B card, C card and Wild card. they go by other names under the card tab (sometimes tanks,troops,planes or maybe something specific towards that board that the designer made - take my Circles map for instance there's Knife,Cloak,Altar). But the ABC is the indication of how many of which card you have so you can turn in a set (either 3 of one kind of a set of three from three different cards).

Back to A: while it's against the rules of the site to come into a game with an already established alliance, it is not out of order for someone to team up during the game - maybe to team up on the leader to even things out again, or to another mutually beneficial situation. If you think someone is cheating (having a pre-game alliance, or one person playing multi accounts) use the link at the bottom of your game page.

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...
    Edited Thu 25th Jul 10:48 [history]

3. #3 / 6
    Standard Member KingohFife
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Yep think ive got the card thing sussed.So i am sticking to the war gear warfare map till i get used to the ui.On the matter of allies(playing non team)is it just a matter of gessing who is or who is not allied or is there a way of seeing who is or isint allied? ituision etc? Just hate being that noob who is always having his ares kicked around the world etc lol

thx

4. #4 / 6
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

There are formal team games, where you pick a team when you sign up (or I think can have one randomly assigned).   These can be identified by the 'teamplay enabled' icon on the games list.  It looks like two people.

I'm not sure what it looks like for standard members, but for premium members in the info box where it lists the players in the game, there is a column for 'Team' that tells you which team each person is on.

Informal alliances there is really no way to know for sure.  Only by observing player behavior can you infer that two players have made a deal.

Edited Thu 25th Jul 18:22 [history]

5. #5 / 6
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

KingohFife wrote: Yep think ive got the card thing sussed.So i am sticking to the war gear warfare map till i get used to the ui.On the matter of allies(playing non team)is it just a matter of gessing who is or who is not allied or is there a way of seeing who is or isint allied? ituision etc? Just hate being that noob who is always having his ares kicked around the world etc lol

thx

When I play non-team games (which is most of them) I almost never ally with anyone.  And unless they're doing it on the sly, my sense is that most of the top players on this site don't either.  The best "Alliances" (with Alliances in parenthesis) are the ones that are implied.  If I'm playing against two quality players and one gains an advantage, I and the other player instinctively put more pressure on the advantaged player. And if you asked any of us if we had any alliances in the game, we would truthfully swear to you that there are none.

Paraphrasing - Risk and Risk-like games do not need to have alliances, and you may be looking for them where none exist.

https://sites.google.com/site/m57sengine/home

6. #6 / 6
    Standard Member KingohFife
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Right,getting a better feel to it all now

thx

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)