191 Open Daily games
0 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   12   (2 in total)
  1. #1 / 22
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

Does anyone else find themselves subconsciously clicking the mouse in different ways in an attempt to influence the outcome? 

Like, I'll be attacking with 3's, its not going well, so I pause and give an emphatic "take that" click.

Seems silly, but I can't stop.

2. #2 / 22
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

Right after I wrote that I went back to playing and was doing some more attacks - one didn't go well so I quickly clicked again - like I'm sneaking in another attack before anyone notices -

3. #3 / 22
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I don't know... I would probably consult my therapist.

https://sites.google.com/site/m57sengine/home

4. #4 / 22
    Standard Member Thingol
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Is your therapist any better than mine?  {#emotions_dlg.shocked}

5. #5 / 22
    Standard Member SquintGnome
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Yes, despite my penchant for statistics and probability, I also allow to creep in some behaviors that try to influence the next die roll.  Usually, when things are going badly with an attack I will either pause or attack elsewhere before I go back to clicking again.

6. #6 / 22
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Does not changing your underwear while the dice are hot count?

7. #7 / 22
    Standard Member ratsy
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I have emotional reactions to server response times. If I click the 3, and it takes a noticable moment, I already feel dissapointed like I lost.  And I definately click the button harder when I really want to win. 

If any of yall have a good therapist, I could use a number....   {#emotions_dlg.nervous}

"I shall pass this but once, any good I can do, or kindness I can show; let me do it now. Let me not difer nor neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again." -Stephen Grellet

8. #8 / 22
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

SquintGnome wrote:

Yes, despite my penchant for statistics and probability, I also allow to creep in some behaviors that try to influence the next die roll.  Usually, when things are going badly with an attack I will either pause or attack elsewhere before I go back to clicking again.

Simillarly, I have a healthy respect for the likelihood of streakiness, and of course I'm much more likely to notice when I run across streaks of bad luck. When bad rolls seem to happen across games,  I have been known to cease all moves on all games (clock permitting) and wait for the next day to resume my turns.

9. #9 / 22
    Standard Member KillDawg
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

My therapist is the one that told me to do it. She clicks harder than I do sometimes if you know what I'm sayin!

Huh, Huh? anyone. I thought it was a good one.

Never let the lust for power surpass the need for purpose.

10. #10 / 22
    Standard Member Thingol
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

I like 'those' kinds of therapists.

11. #11 / 22
    Standard Member ratsy
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Its like when I Used to play Mario with my Brother and he caught a controller in the chops (maybe more than once) - I really wanted that little man to jump that way!

"I shall pass this but once, any good I can do, or kindness I can show; let me do it now. Let me not difer nor neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again." -Stephen Grellet

12. #12 / 22
    Standard Member RECON
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

I have a variety of systems I use, especially when I am getting my ass handed to me, after losing 3 or 4 3 attacks against a large stack I stop and  match the number he has and do a multiple attack my 30 against his 30, this of course immediately reinforces my insanity because I lose 30 and he still has 15 left, therefore I then change back to my 3 vs his 2, which in keeping with everything else thus far results in me losing another 10-12.  I then have adopted a similar strategy to M57 and SquintGnome I just quit until about 2-3 minutes before my turn runs out, I figure that all that negative energy of all other players who are waiting for me to get off my ass and take my turn will finally end my bad luck streak and things will go my way.  Unfortunately, this also seems to never work either.  Must be karma or the  pissed off dice gods--so I then start whining like a 3 year old who just had his popsicle taken away!  Results, well, all bad.  I am in a shitty mood, I keep losing, I can't get my friggen odds to make any sense anymore and I wanna go home and take the game with me.  However, I wake up the next day and realize luck is just random and no the dice gods really do not hate me and none of my stupid and crappy ideas work so I  should just take my lumps like a big boy.  But I gotta tell you those bad streaks really make me crazy.  ha ha

13. #13 / 22
    Standard Member itsnotatumor
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

I probably take more actions to try to will lag away than I do losing roles.  Maybe I'm just fatalistic, but I expect the dice to go wrong at key moments and I'm karmically at peace with it.  Lag on the other hand is of the devil!

Fortune favors the bold, and chance favors the prepared mind...

14. #14 / 22
    Standard Member itsnotatumor
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

KillDawg wrote:

My therapist is the one that told me to do it. She clicks harder than I do sometimes if you know what I'm sayin!

Huh, Huh? anyone. I thought it was a good one.

I'll admit it. I chuckled briefly.

Fortune favors the bold, and chance favors the prepared mind...

15. #15 / 22
    Premium Member Cona Chris
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

This is a great thread.  When it's one of those REALLY bad turns, I will often pause for a minute, or change up what I am attacking and get back to the battle with bad dice later, or change my "rhythm" of mouse clicking.  It all impacts the dice in no way of course, but for some reason I keep doing it :)

16. #16 / 22
    Standard Member Thingol
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

It (clicking attack button hard) was working for me for a bit until I just ran into a 1-19 attack vs a tech territory in Invention. I...think I was in the driver's seat prior to that attack.

17. #17 / 22
    Standard Member btilly
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

I admit it, I find myself developing an aversion for certain boards based on the fact that I've had bad luck on them.

The Napoleon's Revenge tournament stands out.  I lost my first game with a luck score of of -13.68.  I'm losing my second with a luck score of -19.08.  When this tournament is over, I'm probably NEVER AGAIN going to play the Battle of Waterloo board...

18. #18 / 22
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

btilly wrote:

I admit it, I find myself developing an aversion for certain boards based on the fact that I've had bad luck on them.

The Napoleon's Revenge tournament stands out.  I lost my first game with a luck score of of -13.68.  I'm losing my second with a luck score of -19.08.  When this tournament is over, I'm probably NEVER AGAIN going to play the Battle of Waterloo board...

You realize of course that the dice Gods OWE you 32+ luck points in your next games of BOW.

19. #19 / 22
    Standard Member Thingol
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Bad dice loses more games than it wins for me...I find that I seem to get good dice near the end in runaway victories.  In essence, things are evening out; however I don't need the good dice then.

20. #20 / 22
    Moderator...ish. Cramchakle
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

I once stubbed my toe, and my first thought was "ctrl+z".

I took a break from the computer for a while after that.

In your Face!

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   12   (2 in total)