0 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   123   (3 in total)
  1. #21 / 55
    Standard Member ratsy
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

*digs through belongings, taking stock*

"I shall pass this but once, any good I can do, or kindness I can show; let me do it now. Let me not difer nor neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again." -Stephen Grellet

2. #22 / 55
    Standard Member KillDawg
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

One more slot open.

Next action should be in before 11:35 PM my time or you'll miss the round.

3. #23 / 55
    Premium Member Kjeld
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

*looks around for some peanuts*

Edited Wed 24th Oct 23:58 [history]

4. #24 / 55
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

*gropes in pocket & hears whispers in the wind: "what's it got in its pocketses, precious?"*

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

5. #25 / 55
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

*despite some encouragement, limited though it may have been, decides to put work on teleporting abilities on hold, and gets a job in order to pay for ordinance which otherwise would be unaffordable .. and also perhaps gain some future favors with the occasional bribe*

It should be possible to play WG boards in real-time ..without the wait, regardless of how many are playing.
    https://sites.google.com/site/m57sengine/home

6. #26 / 55
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

*taps into The Force while waiting patiently and becomes Jedi-Ninja*

w0000t to returning to being more active with WG! I may even have a board or two in the works with refreshed fire!

7. #27 / 55
    Standard Member AttilaTheHun
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

*finds mysterious glowing orb*

"If an incompetent chieftain is removed, seldom do we appoint his highest-ranking subordinate to his place" - Attila the Hun

8. #28 / 55
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I wonder how this mimics wargear style of playing.  I haven't played Yertle much, but how much you want to bet that he typical lurks in the shadows looking non-threatening, slowing building up strength...   Somebody better start forging anti-jedi ninja weaponry or you guys are toast!  (did I just become the equivalent of the guy who announces the leader in a foggy game?)

9. #29 / 55
    Premium Member Kjeld
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

My peanut-crunching army of bums on fire is exactly what's called for to counter Yertle, I think.

10. #30 / 55
    Standard Member KillDawg
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

AttilaTheHun wrote:

*finds mysterious glowing orb*

19 - You awake exhausted, every bone and muscle is aching and it feels like each one has it's own migraine. Blurry vision focuses and you find yourself on a throne with an Orb clutched in your hand. Using your other hand to pry each finger loose you finally ease your grip but the Orb goes nowhere; as a matter-of-fact, it follows you. Sifting through broken memories of what happened a few vivid images almost startle you into sobriety. You realize that you have managed to win a battle of wits with a black dragon named Viper to claim the Dragon Orb and have trapped him in the dream-like trance he was trying to place you in. When clutched tightly the Orb produces a loud buzzing sound that attracts every dragon within a hundred mile radius. Only black dragons can be commanded through the orb though and only if they fail their save at a -6. Making the save only let's them disobey and doesn't anger them since they will do anything to get that orb but can only do so if willfully given. And it does glow.

AttilaTheHun

HP 15/15

Dragon Orb

Yertle wrote:

*taps into The Force while waiting patiently and becomes Jedi-Ninja*

14 - Your cross-class training is complete! You manage to make small gains in telekinesis, able to move 200 lbs objects and can apply it to a force jump as well. Since you were self-taught ALL of the advanced skills have eluded you and you haven't figured out any of the sense enhancing skills either. You manage to retain your initiative bonus for the next round and through all the meditations can not only tell if someone is trying to enter your mind but can resist it slightly.

Yertle

+1 HP 16/16

Ninja fighting style: +1 to attack, defend, and look cool while doing it if seen, Hide in shadows: +1 to all stealth rolls invoving dim lit areas, First initiative next round: Go first no matter what, Telekinesis ability, Force jump ability, +1 save vs mental attacks.

M57 wrote:

*despite some encouragement, limited though it may have been, decides to put work on teleporting abilities on hold, and gets a job in order to pay for ordinance which otherwise would be unaffordable .. and also perhaps gain some future favors with the occasional bribe*

13 - You settle into an nice paying job for the government loading and unloading stock in an ammo depot for your local military base. It only takes no time at all to make good friends with a handful of the other technicians at the job some of which are ex-military. With some tight budgeting you save up enough to cover a small arsenal. One of the colonels that comes through often has mentioned that some of the older lots of artillery rounds are likely to be desposed of soon by EOD and that noone really checks on the full stock when it's about to be annihilated. You think he may just appreciate the extra M203 rounds you give him and his guys when they plod off to the range.

M57

HP 15/15

Teleport ability, 5 beers of favored kind (include in post), +1 to teleportation rolls, Good paying job with possible favors, Sizeable amount of cash to cover small arsenal, Tip about artillery shell decimation plans.

weathertop wrote:

*gropes in pocket & hears whispers in the wind: "what's it got in its pocketses, precious?"*

18 - You find a ring in your pocket, not sure how it got there but you definitely don't want to get rid of it. Small and gold colored you try it on to find it's a perfect fit! As soon as it hits your finger a rush of emotions run over you. The area around you lights up, the wind begins to howl and you can barely make out a voice whispering, "Find a napkin, you look silly with donut jelly and crumbs all over your face". Your settings calm soon after but you feel like you're being watched.

weathertop

HP 15/15

Cursed ring, Donut crumbs all over face: -1 to all charisma checks until napkin is used.

Kjeld wrote:

*looks around for some peanuts*

13 - It doesn't take you long and you obtain a healthy stock of peanuts. The bums around you look slightly less appreciative than you over your newfound treasure, but tend to follow your every move. The mean-bugging bum from before works up some gall and approaches you. "You owe me some peanuts for burning my blanket!" he shouts, reaching towards your stash. The other bums look your way but do not intervene. It looks like they may be seeing what you do first. Out of the corner of your eye a confused pants-less bum catches your attention for some reason. Probably because he looks like a confused pants-less bum.

Kjeld

HP 15/15

Half-full bic lighter, Plentiful stash of peanuts, Approaching jealous bum.

ratsy wrote:

*digs through belongings, taking stock*

1 - I'm sorry ratsy, don't give up. You go to reach for your pocket first and that's when you realize you aren't even wearing pants! You have no worldly possessions that you can think of and currently wonder where you even got that piece of paper from. Bewildered and cold you wander closer to a barrel fire and at least try and get warm while you figure out what to do next besides it smells like there are peanuts over there.

ratsy

HP 15/15

Lack of Imagination: -2 to all rolls involving creativity, Exposed hairy legs.

11. #31 / 55
    Standard Member KillDawg
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

New round ends 1:00 AM my time or when everyone posts.

One slot open, two if 3ET doesn't make it back.

Hope everyone is enjoying it, suggestions welcome. In ratsy's case I may use another die.

Ozyman if you're so worried about Yertle jump in and do something about him.

12. #32 / 55
    Standard Member ratsy
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

*ask the nice man with the peanuts for pants*

"I shall pass this but once, any good I can do, or kindness I can show; let me do it now. Let me not difer nor neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again." -Stephen Grellet

13. #33 / 55
    Standard Member ratsy
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Ozyman wrote:

I wonder how this mimics wargear style of playing.  I haven't played Yertle much, but how much you want to bet that he typical lurks in the shadows looking non-threatening, slowing building up strength...   Somebody better start forging anti-jedi ninja weaponry or you guys are toast!  (did I just become the equivalent of the guy who announces the leader in a foggy game?)

Atilla: Dragon Orb

Yertle: Ninja skills and Jedi powers

M57: Case of beer and can Teleport - stockpiling munitions.

Ratsy: Negative creativity and no pants. 

*ROFLMAO*

This is just like real wargear!

14. #34 / 55
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

*Particularly enjoys the full-bodied pale ale. -  ..spends spare time on the practice firing range working on skills and schmoozing with the itinerant military types, buying them the occasional beer at the local pub.*

It should be possible to play WG boards in real-time ..without the wait, regardless of how many are playing.

15. #35 / 55
    Standard Member AttilaTheHun
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

*uses orb to call upon Dijiri, mythical great Black Dragon of the West*

"If an incompetent chieftain is removed, seldom do we appoint his highest-ranking subordinate to his place" - Attila the Hun
    Edited Fri 26th Oct 07:36 [history]

16. #36 / 55
    Premium Member Kjeld
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

*"Maybe pants just ain't your thing, kid" he says to the birthday-suit guy, tossing him a peanut, "try this." Popping a peanut into his own mouth, he steps lightly into the air as though it were a staircase; "toodles fellas," he calls back over his shoulder, "thanks for the warm-up!"*

17. #37 / 55
    Standard Member itsnotatumor
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

ratsy wrote:
    Ozyman wrote:

Atilla: Dragon Orb

Yertle: Ninja skills and Jedi powers

M57: Case of beer and can Teleport - stockpiling munitions.

Ratsy: Negative creativity and no pants. 

*ROFLMAO*

This is just like real wargear!

Bwahaha! I have some days like that.  =D

18. #38 / 55
    Standard Member KillDawg
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

ratsy wrote:

*ask the nice man with the peanuts for pants*

14 - There we go. Non-chalantly, the Peanut man just starts walking through the air to an unknown destination. He tosses you a peanut and gives you some words of advice that really don't help you much except bolster a little confidence in starting a new fashion trend. You do come across some pants anyways. A nearby bum overheard your request and asked you to follow him to his "hole". Taking his lead you soon discover that this particular bum either robbed a JC Penny's or loved accumulating a nice wardrobe before hitting the road and didn't want to leave it all behind. There's enough cloths here for weeks and you even come across some uniforms of all types which may help disguise you in certain situations. He informs you that you're free to take anything you'd like, or take it ALL, he just wants that peanut you were given.

ratsy

HP 15/15

Lack of Imagination: -2 to all rolls involving creativity, Pick of wardrobe items or peanut.

M57 wrote:

*Particularly enjoys the full-bodied pale ale. -  ..spends spare time on the practice firing range working on skills and schmoozing with the itinerant military types, buying them the occasional beer at the local pub.*

11 - Your skill has improved immensly, mostly due to the help of the squad. Learning the four points of expert marksmanship was a breeze once you got your sight picture memorized, breathing and trigger squeeze came right behind it. The M2, M4, and 240B are easily your favored weapons but you aren't worried about what you settle on purchasing since the skills cross all brands. Colonel Jacobs, you find out, is the brigade commander of the SF attatchment in your area. The munitions disposal he mentioned is next week not leaving you much time to get what you may need beforehand. One night at the bar Smitty, one of your ex-military co-workers, brought up making one hell of a fireworks display out of some old explosives. You aren't exactly sure what he meant by that though.

M57

HP 15/15

Teleport ability, +1 to teleportation rolls, +2 to Marksmanship, Good paying job with possible favors, Sizeable amount of cash to cover small arsenal, Tip about artillery shell decimation plans.

AttilaTheHun wrote:

*uses orb to call upon Dijiri, mythical great Black Dragon of the West*

9 - So close. Clasping the Dragon Orb with the intent to summon Dijiri, the Orb begins it's familiar buzz. Low at first but soon rising into a much more potent frequency. Your eyes roll back and every hair is on end as you begin feeling your essence bleed through every pore. Viper's voice invades your head, "That's it come back to me, come back to where you belong" he hisses. With a ferocious push you blast his mind with images of his defeat and he quickly resumes his place in silence. Slowly all the noise begins to cease and the Orb hovers back into it's place at your side. Seeing and hearing nothing you venture outside where it's very dark for midday. KA-KOOOOM! It feels like the earth itself must have come undone. As you stagger to regain balance, several dragons smash to the ground at once all around you, not a single one of them black. It seems like only yesterday you were running from an astral policeman... good times.

AttilaTheHun

HP 15/15

Dragon Orb, Very possibly soiled undergarments.

Kjeld wrote:

*"Maybe pants just ain't your thing, kid" he says to the birthday-suit guy, tossing him a peanut, "try this." Popping a peanut into his own mouth, he steps lightly into the air as though it were a staircase; "toodles fellas," he calls back over his shoulder, "thanks for the warm-up!"*

13 - Looks of amazement cross every bums face as you climb skyward including the mean-bugging bum who drops to his knees as if he'd be struck by lightning if he took another step towards you. Chatter begins among them and about the time you reach the second story of the building you hear some of them whispering "That's Jesus", "What's in those peanuts?", "I drank to much", and "Someone get that guy some pants".

Kjeld

HP 15/15

Half-full bic lighter, Plentiful stash of peanuts, Wind-Walking ability.

Never let the desire for power surpass the need for purpose.

19. #39 / 55
    Standard Member KillDawg
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Round ends at 3 AM my time.

Couple slots open. Aiken where you at? Ozyman, itsnotatumor, you guys should get in on it too.

Suggestions, blah blah blah.

Never let the desire for power surpass the need for purpose.

20. #40 / 55
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

*Buys Smitty a few extra rounds one evening (Boy, it's a good thing he drinks the cheap stuff - the guy can put 'em down!), in part to find out what he meant, but possibly to suggest an alternative use for the munitions should he seem so inclined.  "Why not enjoy the fireworks and make a few bucks in the process?" Getting a sense that dangerous times but exciting times lie around the corner*

Hey Kjeld, why don't come over on poker night?  You bring the peanuts - I'll supply the beer.  You never know. It might be nice to have an ally in this place.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   123   (3 in total)