198 Open Daily games
2 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 13
    Standard Member Thingol
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Including on this site or the "prior" site?

2. #2 / 13
    Standard Member Thingol
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

I will start a list of the best players I've come across (and these are all team-related, not the FFA).

In no particular order, from the previous site and this site:
    HighRoller, Ender, Kobra Kai, Gimli, Toaster, Wallace Wishmaster, Blackdog, AttilaTheHun, Noodles (WF), Wedge, Kjeld, Andernut! Oatworm, Nikolai

I've also been pleasantly suprised to come across the following great players on this site:
    Cona Chris, CK66, Falker1976, Davidny212, SquintGnome

Of course, there are a host of other good players. For my money, I would have to put Highroller and Kobra Kai at the top.

I'd be curious to see if folks would add to this list and who they feel the top player(s) they played with/against were.

3. #3 / 13
    Standard Member SquintGnome
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Hey Thingol, good topic.  Everyone on your list is on my list.  I would also add WCS1999, Scottish Legend, and Thingol ;).

I have not faced a lot of the players you list above but of the players I have faced my top players would be (in alphabetical order)

Attila

BlackDog

Cona

Falker 

Thingol

For 1 v 1 FFA, the best I have faced (in alphabetical order) are Attila and Falker

4. #4 / 13
    Standard Member Thingol
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Ah...forgot Mad Max. He deserves to be on the list also.

I've never come across WCS...don't remember playing against Scottish Legend on this map either, though we've played other maps.

5. #5 / 13
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

You know Kobra Kai is tom right? (Just making sure...)

I think asm and Pink Princess would be on my list in addition to the already mentioned.

6. #6 / 13
    Standard Member Thingol
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Yeah, I heard they were both very good. Unfortunately, I was never able to procure PP for a game. Did he migrate to this site under a different name?

As for ASM, by the time Wallace rolled out the 2nd tourney, I think ASM had lost interest in the WF site's constant issues and the games I played vs him, he was dis-interested, not even finishing one of the tourney games...and now he appears to have left this site as well, for whatever reason.

...and did I forget to mention Yertle, lol? Although, I don't find you playing much A&A anymore. But, I do have fond memories of you stepping in to help me and another newbie (to A&A, at that time) beat Gimli and Noodles in my first game. ;)

7. #7 / 13
    Standard Member itsnotatumor
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

Give me time...  =P

8. #8 / 13
    Standard Member KillDawg
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

KillDawg is getting up there. You guys ever heard of him?

9. #9 / 13
    Standard Member Thingol
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

That guy is gaining a reputation, for sure. ;)

Let's switch this up - are there any players not mentioned above who really like A&A and/or consider themselves A&A afficionados? The goal is to put together a list of potential A&A gamers.

10. #10 / 13
    Standard Member KillDawg
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

hailcanadien, Ol Greg, glukkongus, CydeWeys, Boiling Baron, Nelly84, Ankshany, morethanmachine, Annyong, Psilofyr, slantwise, Aurthur Dent, Alexander1, Klipan, Prymal, frog, smoke, solea, Ankaa, bch, LG, Penumbral Radiance, Phoenixx, shelbo, wristsplint, Lykos, Isfelt, SillyBastart, Musashi, cman, macarthur.

Not by any means great, at least not all of them. I looked through my old games list and found a handful of people that just knew simulgear and played it more than a few times. Some real gems in there actually but not famous. I didn't even add the majority of novice players that have a better name for themselves, the ones you all didn't list but also know that they play.

11. #11 / 13
    Standard Member AttilaTheHun
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

I would add mbrennan to the list

"If an incompetent chieftain is removed, seldom do we appoint his highest-ranking subordinate to his place" - Attila the Hun

12. #12 / 13
    Standard Member BlackDog
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

Malenfant from TOS was good, I haven't seen him here.

13. #13 / 13
    Lieutenant poq poq is offline now
    Standard Member poq
    Rank
    Lieutenant
    Rank Posn

Thingol wrote: 
    Let's switch this up - are there any players not mentioned above who really like A&A and/or consider themselves A&A afficionados? The goal is to put together a list of potential A&A gamers.

It's definitely one of my favorite boards on this site!

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)