219 Open Daily games
2 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   123   (3 in total)
  1. #41 / 50
    Standard Member Vidoviti Milan
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

what kinds of things could a player do here that are guaranteed to make you angry everytime?

if I understand this question good that what always make me angry, and it's not "written rule" that they/he/she can't do this it's next:

1. playing 3 player game, (or 4 sometimes) and i attack someone, and that person x become an idiot and attack me every turn, entire game till the end, no matter how stupid those attacks are... so he don't care about losing only what he want is that i lose. of course, 3rd person chance to win is 99%  -so he is not cheater with multiple accounts he's just one random guy who hate me becouse i took out him bonus or couple of territory or whatever... and you know 3rd guy will win for sure, but that's ok becouse they don't know eachother.

2. real time, and waiting for boot when he figure he can't win. there should be some penalty for this!

3. ok this is what premium members wouldn't agree, and I know, you gonna say be a premium if u don't like it to be standard, but private messages are advantage , they can use this against you and make some weaker or newbie players to listen they, while i can't say don't do this you doing wrong... and enemy status: ok if u don't like me i can't join your games, but when somebody else create games (lot of them) with 4,5,6,7,8,9 players and you enter in all of those I feel like a minor who can not get into the disco...

2. #42 / 50
    Standard Member Luieuil
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

Ozyman wrote:

> it's better to discuss a 3-way final

What do you mean by this?

Sometimes a game comes down to a point where the last 3 players in the game have a stall, because they keep eachother and he game in balance. In that case it's better to have an open discussion without private messages how to lower armie counts, instead of a 2-way deal in private. Only then you keep the strategie in the game.

3. #43 / 50
    Standard Member Luieuil
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

Vidoviti Milan wrote:

what kinds of things could a player do here that are guaranteed to make you angry everytime?

if I understand this question good that what always make me angry, and it's not "written rule" that they/he/she can't do this it's next:

1. playing 3 player game, (or 4 sometimes) and i attack someone, and that person x become an idiot and attack me every turn, entire game till the end, no matter how stupid those attacks are... so he don't care about losing only what he want is that i lose. of course, 3rd person chance to win is 99%  -so he is not cheater with multiple accounts he's just one random guy who hate me becouse i took out him bonus or couple of territory or whatever... and you know 3rd guy will win for sure, but that's ok becouse they don't know eachother.

2. real time, and waiting for boot when he figure he can't win. there should be some penalty for this!

3. ok this is what premium members wouldn't agree, and I know, you gonna say be a premium if u don't like it to be standard, but private messages are advantage , they can use this against you and make some weaker or newbie players to listen they, while i can't say don't do this you doing wrong... and enemy status: ok if u don't like me i can't join your games, but when somebody else create games (lot of them) with 4,5,6,7,8,9 players and you enter in all of those I feel like a minor who can not get into the disco...

1: Agreed, but to honest I've only faced this once or twice. Most people understand you can have a war in the north and have peace in the south. Or have war in game A and have peace in game B. People who don;t understand this concept are easy to spot by their low rating.

2: Agreed it's annoying. Make a note and never play them again in real time games.

3: Private messages can be an advantage. But the stats-feature of being premium member is way more important. Those who donate money to keep the site alive should have small reward right? It's not like you can buy the game by being premium member, and the price of a membership is acceptable as well.

4. #44 / 50
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Luieuil wrote:

3: Private messages can be an advantage. But the stats-feature of being premium member is way more important. Those who donate money to keep the site alive should have small reward right? It's not like you can buy the game by being premium member, and the price of a membership is acceptable as well.

Completely agree about the stats feature. It is an example of a feature that technically gives no advantage to the Premium member, yet in actual play and because of its convenience factor makes a huge difference for those of us who don't flawlessly keep track of every player's holdings on a turn by turn basis (that would pretty much be all of us, right?).

The PM feature is a little more nebulous. For those who choose to use it to forge alliances, it would seem an unfair advantage on the surface.  But then I thought Standard members could PM -- I'm almost sure they can in team games ..or maybe they can only if one of their team mates is a Premium member.

Besides, there are workarounds.  Standard members use their walls all the time to communicate, so unless Premium members are constantly checking the walls of their opponents the advantage can be mitigated, not unlike the way a Standard Member can do a summary count of all the armies and continental holdings on a board in the absence of having a stats feature.

It should be possible to play WG boards in real-time ..without the wait, regardless of how many are playing.
    https://sites.google.com/site/m57sengine/home
    Edited Sat 2nd Jun 08:41 [history]

5. #45 / 50
    Standard Member Vidoviti Milan
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Standard members use their walls all the time to communicate...

It's alternative way, but you can't be sure did they read your message or not if they don't reply (and you also than don't know if your opponent seen this or not), so that can make my decisions even more difficult when I asking myself: Did he read my message? Maybe he agree? or not? What if other guy seen my message on his wall? and so on... and sometimes it's too late when they read. In real time games I don't even try...

And yes in team games standard members can chat private.

6. #46 / 50
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Vidoviti Milan wrote:

Standard members use their walls all the time to communicate...

It's alternative way, but you can't be sure did they read your message or not if they don't reply (and you also than don't know if your opponent seen this or not), so that can make my decisions even more difficult when I asking myself: Did he read my message? Maybe he agree? or not? What if other guy seen my message on his wall? and so on...

To some extent this is true of private messages in game also.  You might send a PM and not get a response.  Some players don't  seem to watch for new messages, so no response means what?   Probably a better response rate to in game private messages than wall messages, but they both can get ignored.

7. #47 / 50
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

The inequity can be an inconvenience for Premium Members.  I've had conversations in a game (not related to strategy) with Standard members where I could PM them, but they had to reply to my wall. 

It should be possible to play WG boards in real-time ..without the wait, regardless of how many are playing.
    https://sites.google.com/site/m57sengine/home

8. #48 / 50
    Standard Member ratsy
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Membership is totally worth it - and it pays to keep the community and site alive! People like me need incentives to pay for things that are otherwise free, and I paid for this one. Wouldn't change a thing.

Unwritten rule: "If it's worth it, put some money in!"

9. #49 / 50
    Standard Member Ben Dover
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

I appreciate when all players agree to terminate the game when a team member is booted (often a newly registered player that never comes back)

10. #50 / 50
    Standard Member Knosken
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

What is a trademark move by the way?

Edited Wed 1st Aug 23:31 [history]

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   123   (3 in total)