2 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   123456789»»»   (24 in total)
  1. #81 / 476
    Major General asm asm is offline now
    Standard Member asm
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

EDIT: I can be pretty thick sometimes. I can't believe it took me this long to notice that I was completely missing the point on this.

Weathertop is right (Yertle can still be wrong on principle). I retract my earlier IMO.

Cramchakle wrote: [anything]
    I agree
    Edited Fri 29th Jan 12:07 [history]

2. #82 / 476
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

WOWsers, Yertle AND asm agreeing with me...only thing keeping hell from freezing over is an agreement from Cram. come to think of it tho, it is pretty chilly here ;^P

Don't Taze Me Bro!

3. #83 / 476
    Moderator...ish. Cramchakle
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

I abstain.

Happy Birthday to the ground!!!

4. #84 / 476
    Standard Member paulharrow
    Rank
    Captain
    Rank Posn

My opinion is that you should not be able see discard pile info in fogged games.

5. #85 / 476
    Standard Member Hugh
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

Agreement here on no seeing discarded cards in fogged games.

Just to add a slight twist to this detail: Upon the game finishing, I'd like to see "Yertle received card (W)" in the history log. Of course, during the game, it would be "Yertle received card". I'm often curious whether someone held onto a set after a game, or whether they had no set at a critical moment.

6. #86 / 476
    Standard Member asm
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

I don't vote for that. Any time I land on a lucky card set in the endgame that brings me to victory I tell people I had been holding onto a wild card so that I could do it on purpose, but if you can look back the way you describe, everybody would know I was lying.

I agree

7. #87 / 476
    They see me rollin' IRoll11s
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

asm wrote: I don't vote for that. Any time I land on a lucky card set in the endgame that brings me to victory I tell people I had been holding onto a wild card so that I could do it on purpose, but if you can look back the way you describe, everybody would know I was lying.

Yes but my default mode is to assume you're lying to being with. 

903244_big.jpg

8. #88 / 476
    Standard Member asm
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

You're right, I was lying just then. I really did have a wildcard that I was saving for the 1-2 punch in the endgame.

I agree

9. #89 / 476
    Moderator...ish. Cramchakle
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

asm wrote: You're right, I was lying just then. I really did have a wildcard that I was saving for the 1-2 punch in the endgame.

I never get to use a wild for a 1-2 punch unless I happen to luck into a wild on punch number 1. Otherwise, I pretty much always end up with AABBW or BBCCW or... you get the idea.

Happy Birthday to the ground!!!

10. #90 / 476
    Standard Member asm
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

There are few things more frustrating than having to trade in that situation.

I agree

11. #91 / 476
    They see me rollin' IRoll11s
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Cramchakle wrote:
    asm wrote: You're right, I was lying just then. I really did have a wildcard that I was saving for the 1-2 punch in the endgame.

I never get to use a wild for a 1-2 punch unless I happen to luck into a wild on punch number 1. Otherwise, I pretty much always end up with AABBW or BBCCW or... you get the idea.

Yup pretty much.  The few times you do have a match with the other 4 cards are the situations where you don't need it anyway.

903244_big.jpg

12. #92 / 476
    Factory Worker Edward Nygma
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

What do you think about adding a live chat box on the homepage, so that you can find people to play games and let people know if you want a quick game or something of the sort...?

13. #93 / 476
    Standard Member paulharrow
    Rank
    Captain
    Rank Posn

Edward Nygma wrote: What do you think about adding a live chat box on the homepage, so that you can find people to play games and let people know if you want a quick game or something of the sort...?

Hey I like that idea.  Could come in handy for all sorts of things.

14. #94 / 476
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

paulharrow wrote:
    Edward Nygma wrote: What do you think about adding a live chat box on the homepage, so that you can find people to play games and let people know if you want a quick game or something of the sort...?

Hey I like that idea.  Could come in handy for all sorts of things.

http://www.wargear.net/forum/showthread/156

What's Your Passion?

A cure? Three simple molecules? Building for the small? Compassion for children?

Seek Yours Today. Get Uncomfortable.

15. #95 / 476
    Standard Member bengaltiger
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

I know this has been suggested before, but I don't remember where so I'll repost it here:

I think it'd be really nice to have the turn timer show the number of hours during the second day instead of just '1 day'. Since we get skipped at 2 days, it's important to know if it's been 24.5 hours, or 47.5 hours. Thanks!

16. #96 / 476
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Good point will do.

17. #97 / 476
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

bengaltiger wrote: I know this has been suggested before, but I don't remember where so I'll repost it here:

I think it'd be really nice to have the turn timer show the number of hours during the second day instead of just '1 day'. Since we get skipped at 2 days, it's important to know if it's been 24.5 hours, or 47.5 hours. Thanks!

Does it need to go down Days to Minutes?  Or would 1 day 23 hrs be enough?  Same with hours/minutes does it matter if it's 15 hours 23 m or just 15 hours?  Seems a bit cramped in the boxes when it is 1 day 0h:23min or 3 hours 54min ( which the 54 min really doesn't matter).

This really doesn't matter either though, so if it works as is then that's good enough for me.

What's Your Passion?

A cure? Three simple molecules? Building for the small? Compassion for children?

18. #98 / 476
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

The Home Page (when NOT logged in) and the Site Statistics area with Top Boards Today graph, would be nice to see the Board Names horizontally instead of sideway... just noticed the tooltip with the graph, that's cool!
    I'd like to see this info somehow/somewhere when logged in too (I assume that's coming with Board sorting and such at some point though).

What's Your Passion?

19. #99 / 476
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Oh and the Top Ranked Players list on that page (not logged in), also differs from the Top Ranked Players list when logged in (on the Home page)/Rankings tab.

What's Your Passion?

20. #100 / 476
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Wasn't there the Finished column (and sorting by it) for the Finished Games List for Boards and Player Profiles too? Or was that just for the My Games list? If not then I suggest adding it to those lists as well. If so, then I don't see that column anymore :).

What's Your Passion?

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   123456789»»»   (24 in total)