217 Open Daily games
2 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   123456789»»»   (24 in total)
  1. #41 / 476
    Moderator...ish. Cramchakle
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Awesome idea, Paul. Top notch suggestion. I second the motion.

Like your grandpa, but angrier.

(If you need help with map design, look me up via AIM @ cramchakle)

2. #42 / 476
    Major General asm asm is offline now
    Standard Member asm
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

I think this is a great idea as well. On a similar note, I'd also like to see my ranking going into a game.

Cramchakle wrote: [anything]
    I agree

3. #43 / 476
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Yep good idea, will add to the list :)

4. #44 / 476
    Premium Member Toaster
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

Just stats, that's all you want?

I was thinking some semi-awesome looking fireworks like when you win a game of Spider Solitaire.

Risky's kinda-a-big-deal-ness was so massive it spilled over, so I'm handling the excess here.

5. #45 / 476
    Standard Member bengaltiger
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Yes! Ego-boost!

6. #46 / 476
    Standard Member paulharrow
    Rank
    Captain
    Rank Posn

Okay, you might think this is a joke, but I am actually serious. I was looking forward to my 1 month premium membership running out, because I need the 10 game limit imposed on me. But then I thought tom and the guys deserved their $10 for doing such a great job with the site, so I paid. But now I am stuck with all these games I keep joining, and really don't have time to play them all. So here is my request....

I would like a feature where I can self-impose a limit on the maximum number of games I can join. It would work like this..... you select a maximum number of games (say 10) and an expiry date. Until the expiry date is reached, you are only allowed to reduce the max number of games, or extend the expiry date.  Once the expiry date is passed, the limit and expiry date are cancelled.

Is this silly? Any other addicts need similar help?? :-)

thanks,
    paulharrow.

Edited Fri 18th Dec 23:39 [history]

7. #47 / 476
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

paulharrow wrote:

Okay, you might think this is a joke, but I am actually serious. I was looking forward to my 1 month premium membership running out, because I need the 10 game limit imposed on me. But then I thought tom and the guys deserved their $10 for doing such a great job with the site, so I paid. But now I am stuck with all these games I keep joining, and really don't have time to play them all. So here is my request....

I would like a feature where I can self-impose a limit on the maximum number of games I can join. It would work like this..... you select a maximum number of games (say 10) and an expiry date. Until the expiry date is reached, you are only allowed to reduce the max number of games, or extend the expiry date.  Once the expiry date is passed, the limit and expiry date are cancelled.

Is this silly? Any other addicts need similar help?? :-)

thanks,
    paulharrow.

Just call it a "parental controls" setting. its a feature!

8. #48 / 476
    Rank
    Captain
    Rank Posn

Just thinking some more....I'd hate to set myself a game limit of 1 year, and then decide I want to have more games. Perhaps every time the limit is renewed, it is valid for a month, with it being possible to renew it halfway through the month. Make sense?

9. #49 / 476
    Standard Member bengaltiger
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Haha, I could definitely use that. Don't know about the complicated expiration date stuff... I would just like to have a limiter so that I don't have to go check to see how many games I'm already in before joining more. But good idea!

10. #50 / 476
    Rank
    Captain
    Rank Posn

Cramchakle wrote:

Just call it a "parental controls" setting. its a feature!

Actually, I was thinking of calling it "marriage saver".  :-)

11. #51 / 476
    Standard Member Vataro
    Rank
    Sergeant
    Rank Posn

Usually just entering a password is enough to change parental control settings, and can be on indefinitely until that time. How bout it requires a separate password, and if necessary you can use a non-standard password, write it down, and then lock away that slip of paper (or give it to your SO) until you wish to unlock yourself.

12. #52 / 476
    Rank
    Captain
    Rank Posn

How about I just excercise some self restraint. ;-)

13. #53 / 476
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

paulharrow wrote: How about I just excercise some self restraint. ;-)

I would have suggested that, except I've learned from experience that such comments usually result in a night on the couch.

14. #54 / 476
    Rank
    Captain
    Rank Posn

Rats, just lost a game. Need to start another 2 to catch up again. ;-)))

15. #55 / 476
    Standard Member General Domination
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

I have an idea, but I am not sure which of the forum threads i should post to, so I apologize if this is not it.

I have noticed that a handful of new boards have been released in the past 1-2 weeks. (AWESOME!) As I was looking them over in the general board listing, I noticed that they were arranged in alphabetical order. Seems to me that this would eventually turn in to the phone book where people start naming their boards "AAAAA Very good map" just so they get to be on top.

Instead, it might be better to arrange boards by rating or popularity. However, the flaw in that might be that eventually newest boards would be shoved to the very end, so maybe making a seperate page for "new boards" that have only been out a few weeks/months until they get some prestige.

Anyway, just a thought. No hard feelings if this is passed up and apologies if this is a duplicate of another suggestion i missed.

16. #56 / 476
    They see me rollin' IRoll11s
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Lol. I like this paul guy. Hey man, why not use some of your addicted time to set yourself up a forum avatar? Awesome idea about the winning the game message too... wonder why nobody else brought that up? Of course I haven't actually WON any games yet so I could care more.

This is getting ludicrous, Risky's kinda-a-big-dealness has gone airborne and infected my signature now too. Wear your masks, it's coming for you next!

17. #57 / 476
    They see me rollin' IRoll11s
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

General Domination wrote: I have an idea, but I am not sure which of the forum threads i should post to, so I apologize if this is not it.

I have noticed that a handful of new boards have been released in the past 1-2 weeks. (AWESOME!) As I was looking them over in the general board listing, I noticed that they were arranged in alphabetical order. Seems to me that this would eventually turn in to the phone book where people start naming their boards "AAAAA Very good map" just so they get to be on top.

Instead, it might be better to arrange boards by rating or popularity. However, the flaw in that might be that eventually newest boards would be shoved to the very end, so maybe making a seperate page for "new boards" that have only been out a few weeks/months until they get some prestige.

Anyway, just a thought. No hard feelings if this is passed up and apologies if this is a duplicate of another suggestion i missed.

Aardvark Wars!!

Hehe, there is a review process for maps, and if someone did try to name the map something really stupid it would be shot down.  I do agree with the overall suggestion though.  I think the whole board organization thing is one of those things that is planned but can be pushed off until it gets to be an issue.

This is getting ludicrous, Risky's kinda-a-big-dealness has gone airborne and infected my signature now too. Wear your masks, it's coming for you next!

18. #58 / 476
    Rank
    Captain
    Rank Posn

IRoll11s wrote: Lol. I like this paul guy. Hey man, why not use some of your addicted time to set yourself up a forum avatar?

You know who to blame.

Edited Wed 6th Jan 06:12 [history]

19. #59 / 476
    Standard Member Jigen
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

Is it possible that us Review board members could get a email or pm when Rev boards are promoted live?

Risky is not a big deal.

20. #60 / 476
    Standard Member Jigen
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

Also i used to be able to check in on any Rev game in progress and now I can't. Can you put it back to where i can?

Risky is not a big deal.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   123456789»»»   (24 in total)