181 Open Daily games
0 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   «««161718192021222324   (24 in total)
  1. #461 / 476
    Standard Member AttilaTheHun
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

How about: "It's beginning to clock a tick like Christmasssss" :)

"If an incompetent chieftain is removed, seldom do we appoint his highest-ranking subordinate to his place" - Attila the Hun

2. #462 / 476
    Standard Member Toto
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

weathertop wrote:

my point is, gimili, that there aren't as many of us many times a day type players out there. and how are we avoiding each others games? i don't see you or toto in many games i'm in to make some fast ones.

Yes I am very choosy about who I play with. The thing is I am trying to get less dependant on WG and now I am not playing more than 10 games (+ tournament games) and not as fast as I used to. But I am not avoiding your games, far from it. May be I should as I know It would be hard to win ;)

Two Eyes for An Eye, The Jaw for A Tooth

3. #463 / 476
    Standard Member zdisabled25
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

NEW FEATURE REQUEST (if not already requested):

When you leave a "note to self" private message, either immediately or the next time you view the game, the little envelope icon disappears on the game list.

If the game has many players, I might look at the progress of the game several times before my turn comes up again.  Then when my turn finally does come up again, especially if no one else has posted or sent me any messages, there won't be any envelope icon and I might have no reason to look for any messages, including to myself.

I'd like to request that "messages to self" in a game puts a (semi-)permanent notification icon on that game in the games list, until A) I click a link in that self-message to turn off the envelope icon, or B) until I complete my first turn after I posted that self-message.

4. #464 / 476
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

csecu wrote:

NEW FEATURE REQUEST (if not already requested):

When you leave a "note to self" private message, either immediately or the next time you view the game, the little envelope icon disappears on the game list.

If the game has many players, I might look at the progress of the game several times before my turn comes up again.  Then when my turn finally does come up again, especially if no one else has posted or sent me any messages, there won't be any envelope icon and I might have no reason to look for any messages, including to myself.

I'd like to request that "messages to self" in a game puts a (semi-)permanent notification icon on that game in the games list, until A) I click a link in that self-message to turn off the envelope icon, or B) until I complete my first turn after I posted that self-message.

we also have the problem (maybe related) that when you post a public message the note icon shows in the games list.

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

5. #465 / 476
    Standard Member BlackDog
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

I was thinking it would be interesting if we could filter the history of a fog game to show us the perspective of a certain player or team (once a game has finished obviously).  I feel like good fog play requires a certain instinct that is difficult to learn or explain.. maybe this would provide some insight into how good (and bad) players make these decisions.

6. #466 / 476
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

+1 to blackdog, this might be a more general way to satisfy my (& severene's?) request here:

http://www.wargear.net/forum/showthread/1978/Map_Maker_Request

for a "'view as Player X' button in dev games".

7. #467 / 476
    Standard Member Gimli
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

M57 wrote:
    Gimli wrote:

If someone is smart enough to hold a job, is smart enough to know they don't take turns on weekends, and smart enough to know that weekends consist of 2+ days, they could also be smart enough to not join 1 day games.

You're making a lot of assumptions there, Gimli.

ummm? ... ok...

8. #468 / 476
    Standard Member Gimli
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

I've missed notes to self, and I also like the idea of view as player X... dunno how often I have time/inclination to do that, but could come in handy sometimes.

As for Weathertop, I'm not starting or joining a ton of games at the moment. I join boards that I like or want to try, or when I see a lot of green bars in a game- I'll do almost any board if there is enough good company, even though my odds of winning shrink disproportionatly to the # of players involved!

9. #469 / 476
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I mean -- that's a lot of "smart enough's".  People assume they can handle a 1 day clock - or they don't pay attention when they join.  Anyways, hopefully  this will all be moot when the new clocks kick in.

It should be possible to play WG boards in real-time ..without the wait, regardless of how many are playing.
    https://sites.google.com/site/m57sengine/home

10. #470 / 476
    Standard Member zdisabled25
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

NEW FEATURE REQUEST: 

Make all private/team messages public once a game has finished.  In-game messages can sometimes change the course of a game.  When reviewing games to research a player's strategy for winning, or just general strategy on a certain map, being able to see if and how a player's decision-making was affected by messaging would be a huge, currently-missing part of the puzzle.

11. #471 / 476
    Standard Member Gimli
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

I don't like that one... could be interesting though, maybe like poker where you can chose to show your hand after a takedown...  with that option, everyone will just post and delete profile messages, or premiums will use messaging service.

12. #472 / 476
    Hey....Nice Marmot BorisTheFrugal
    Rank
    Captain
    Rank Posn

I agree with Gimli. 

And if you do a search in the forums you'll find this request has been proposed before and there were lengthy discussions about pros/cons.
    The community came to the consensus against the idea, hence why it never became an official request.

13. #473 / 476
    Standard Member AttilaTheHun
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

I disagree with this concept.  The strongest argument has been that players who know each other in RL end up discussing confidential/personal information.

IMO there is no advantage to revealing private messages.  Once everybody is aware they are no longer private, then folks will use other means to communicate secretly.  Also, if private messages were made public, I would use them as another tool to outwit my opponent.  I would probably start posting fake PM's that had no purpose at all but kept you guessing :)

"If an incompetent chieftain is removed, seldom do we appoint his highest-ranking subordinate to his place" - Attila the Hun

14. #474 / 476
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

I'm pretty against this idea too. Private means private.

15. #475 / 476
    Standard Member BlackDog
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

I would like to be able to enable emails for games where I win due to a surrender while still having general win emails disabled.

16. #476 / 476
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Blackdogs suggestion makes sense, but I think it would be better if it were even more general, and you could enable emails for boards that you win when it is not your turn only.  This can happen in more ways than just a surrender (boots, & IIRC some of the newer weird maps with factories, etc.)

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   «««161718192021222324   (24 in total)