205 Open Daily games
2 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   «««131415161718192021»»»   (24 in total)
  1. #321 / 476
    Factory Worker Edward Nygma
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

In the launcher, can the stats area have an online indicator next to the players name, so that you can see if the players are on.  Currently you can only see that if a message has been posted, but in a game with no messages it does little to no good.

2. #322 / 476
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

The thing I think that would be good to avoid is the Turn-In-Progress annoyance from the old world, I could see this creeping in with this kind of discussion, especially with the Orange line  on the My Games tab...although I've thought these things would be cool too but then I have nightmares of the TIP from WF before I've suggested it {#emotions_dlg.razz}

Check out WarGear Gear at the WarGear Zazzle Store!

"But many who are first will be last, and many who are last will be first." Matthew 19:30 - Good strategy for life and WarGear!

3. #323 / 476
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

Then I suppose you'd want to take it off the forums and game messages...?

4. #324 / 476
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Edward Nygma wrote:

In the launcher, can the stats area have an online indicator next to the players name, so that you can see if the players are on.  Currently you can only see that if a message has been posted, but in a game with no messages it does little to no good.

OK gotcha will add.

5. #325 / 476
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

Also, I hate to be a bother, but is there any work on capital cities abandonment being done?  I didn't know how high or low a priority it was.

6. #326 / 476
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Edward Nygma wrote:

Also, I hate to be a bother, but is there any work on capital cities abandonment being done?  I didn't know how high or low a priority it was.

I noticed that yesterday too. Along with the similar scenario in SimulGear in which if Abandon is On and you attack from your Capital you must leave 1 unit, which does and doesn't make sense because if you have 10 units and attack with 9 but lose 1+ before your attack then you are still going to attack with all and thus possibly eliminate yourself.  Not really sure of a good solution or if one is needed, but may be something to watch.

"But many who are first will be last, and many who are last will be first." Matthew 19:30 - Good strategy for life and WarGear!

7. #327 / 476
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Edward Nygma wrote:

Not yet... I am just finishing off the Luck stats, I'll look at it then.

8. #328 / 476
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

Cool, no worries, sorry to pry.  I get anxious.

9. #329 / 476
    Standard Member Gimli
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

I still get headaches writing reviews, the way the text box jiggles around like it's having a seizure when I type on like the 5th line or more. Every keystroke causes the screen to shake. It's nauseating.

Beheadings are free for all Elves!

10. #330 / 476
    Standard Member RiskyBack
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Is there any way that we could have the banner of the site frozen so that it stays at the top when we scroll down?  I could make an add-on to do it, but I don't know how.

People Always Leave

11. #331 / 476
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

why would you want that? i can see in the forums maybe, but on a launched player/game? seems it would take up precious screen space...

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

12. #332 / 476
    Standard Member RiskyBack
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

weathertop wrote:

why would you want that? i can see in the forums maybe, but on a launched player/game? seems it would take up precious screen space...

Dude, haven't you seen the size of my HUGE laptop?!

basically I want it in the forums and on the My Games list.  I don't think it would really matter in the player as it is already at the top of the screen 80% of the time and it would be nice to just be able to get out of the player without scrolling to the top in Gauntlet games.

People Always Leave
    Edited Wed 26th Jan 00:27 [history]

13. #333 / 476
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

i get around this by just opening different tabs. i tend to have three tabs open all the time. one for each mygames, forums, tourney. then i can flick thru and update to see what's new rather quickly.

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

14. #334 / 476
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

RiskyBack wrote:

basically I want it in the forums and on the My Games list.  I don't think it would really matter in the player as it is already at the top of the screen 80% of the time and it would be nice to just be able to get out of the player without scrolling to the top in Gauntlet games.

Having simple links at the bottom of all pages wouldn't necessarily help with this would it?  Kind of like how the breadcrumb and quicklinks on the right are at the top and the bottom.

15. #335 / 476
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

In the "Game Win Ratios" table on the "Player Stats" page, it would be nice to have a dedicated H-Rating column for each game-size.   Of course, the H-Ratimg for 2-player games would be the same as the win ratio.

BAO alternative:
    https://sites.google.com/site/m57sengine/home

16. #336 / 476
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

When checking out someone's stats there's a "win record vs. player" stat.  To help put this in better perspective, a "player vs. you win record" would be nice.

BAO alternative:

17. #337 / 476
    Standard Member Conan
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

When using the Simultaneous Placement option it would be great to have an option for Reverse order placement.  Example:  4 player game.  Player 4's 1st placement choice is executed, then Player 3's (if possible), then 2, then 1, then back to 4, etc.  Why?  Well, if Player 1 gets the first placement AND gets to play first he can have a huge advantage.  Thus reverse order placement balances things.

18. #338 / 476
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Conan wrote:

When using the Simultaneous Placement option it would be great to have an option for Reverse order placement.  Example:  4 player game.  Player 4's 1st placement choice is executed, then Player 3's (if possible), then 2, then 1, then back to 4, etc.  Why?  Well, if Player 1 gets the first placement AND gets to play first he can have a huge advantage.  Thus reverse order placement balances things.

I would like more options for Simultaneous Placement - Random, Reverse, Snake at minimum.

Currently the logic is that the first person to go is Random, but then follows seat order.  So it's possible player 4 could go first, but it would be 4, 1, 2, 3.

19. #339 / 476
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Yertle wrote:
    Conan wrote:

I would like more options for Simultaneous Placement - Random, Reverse, Snake at minimum.

Currently the logic is that the first person to go is Random, but then follows seat order.  So it's possible player 4 could go first, but it would be 4, 1, 2, 3.

I think reverse is a great idea; it makes the most sense to me:

Placement: 1234 Play: 4321

..not unlike a draft.  But if you prefer a Biblical analogy, "The first shall be last,.."  or does it start with the last first?  Whatever.

BAO alternative:
    Edited Sat 12th Feb 12:26 [history]

20. #340 / 476
    Standard Member AttilaTheHun
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Currently when skipped the email reads: 

"To avoid your turn being skipped in future, please make sure you take your turn before the turn limit has elapsed. For this game the turn limit is 3 days.

The next time this happens in this game you will be automatically booted.

The WarGear.net Team"

I suggest modifying this message to instead read:

"To avoid your turn being skipped in future, please make sure you take your turn before the turn limit has elapsed. For this game the turn limit is 3 days.

Two successive skips will result in an automatic boot

The WarGear.net Team"

Or something along those lines to make it clear you have to be skipped twice in a row vs. skipped twice in one game.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   «««131415161718192021»»»   (24 in total)