205 Open Daily games
2 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   «««111213141516171819»»»   (24 in total)
  1. #281 / 476
    Pop. 1, Est. 1981 Alpha
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

AdamN wrote:

I was thinking of a button that would open create game menu with the player already selected... however your idea of the list would be nice too but isn't that kind of how 'friends' work?

Maybe, but if it is, then I don't know how to invite friend without typing in there tagname in the invite box.  This type of list would be nice for tournament invites as well.  Both seem like good features.  I would love to have catagories of players who like to play specific games for easy invites to tournament, but I think I am one of few who would use this.  Your direct invite/create game link on a profile seems like a good idea.

Never Start Vast Projects With Half Vast Ideas.

2. #282 / 476
    Standard Member AdamN
    Rank
    Captain
    Rank Posn

Alpha wrote:
    AdamN wrote:

I was thinking of a button that would open create game menu with the player already selected... however your idea of the list would be nice too but isn't that kind of how 'friends' work?

Maybe, but if it is, then I don't know how to invite friend without typing in there tagname in the invite box.  This type of list would be nice for tournament invites as well.  Both seem like good features.  I would love to have catagories of players who like to play specific games for easy invites to tournament, but I think I am one of few who would use this.  Your direct invite/create game link on a profile seems like a good idea.

both ways have merit though.

3. #283 / 476
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

As I recall, on TDeadS, as you created a game, there was a menu of "aquaintances" that you could choose from, and for tournament invitations there was an incredibly large list that had a checkbox for every name and some very basic filtering features.  I generally liked the idea, but it was unwieldy on TDS because the automated lists that were generated were unwieldy and uneditable.

I would advocate that the Create page for every game and tournament (public or private) include a selectable "friends" list with check all and uncheck all buttons.  From there, I think the ability to create custom friends lists like "Family", "Co-workers", etc. would be valuable to a lot of players.

You could potentially add other filters to it, but I don't see as much demand for that.

Obviously if someone has you marked as an enemy they won't receive the invite.

You could have invitations sent to "messages", but I wonder that that would get messy.  I wouldn't want to have check my messages on a daily basis because of mounting invites.  Better is to have the invites show up on the Home page and at the top of the Join Games page.

BAO alternative:
    https://sites.google.com/site/m57sengine/home
    Edited Fri 31st Dec 09:08 [history]

4. #284 / 476
    Standard Member AdamN
    Rank
    Captain
    Rank Posn

The Dead Site  TDS...... I like it!  Down again btw...

5. #285 / 476
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

AdamN wrote:

The Dead Site  TDS...... I like it!  Down again btw...

So in other words allow the Friend Picker visible when creating a Private game to be usable for Public games?

6. #286 / 476
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

tom wrote:
    So in other words allow the Friend Picker visible when creating a Private game to be usable for Public games?

Wow!  I didn't even know that existed.

Including it for public games has an air of redundancy about it, and I suppose some might worry that it could have the effect of creating semi-psuedo-private games, but I don't think that's necessarily problematic. 

Also, seeing as you've already created it, it would be nice to be able to create groups as I mentioned earlier.

BAO alternative:

7. #287 / 476
    Standard Member Gimli
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

You know how after you win a game, you are told if you gained championship points... does it tell you if you took away/cost someone points? Might give that sense of accomplishment in games where you didn't get any...

Beheadings are free for all Elves!

8. #288 / 476
    Standard Member AdamN
    Rank
    Captain
    Rank Posn

Does the other person know if you have them as a friend/enemy? If not then just that would work.

Can we invite people to public games? 

9. #289 / 476
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

AdamN wrote:

Does the other person know if you have them as a friend/enemy? If not then just that would work.

I don't think there's any way to know if you are someone's friend.

Can we invite people to public games? 

Right now ..nope.  Try it..

BAO alternative:

10. #290 / 476
    Standard Member Gimli
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Something I would like to see changed... when writing a review, after about the 4 line, the screen is shaking with every key stroke... I feel like I am having a seizure and can't view the screen. Know what I am talking about? It just doesn't move down smoothly like it does on this screen. But it happens in reviews every time.

Beheadings are free for all Elves!

11. #291 / 476
    Standard Member AdamN
    Rank
    Captain
    Rank Posn

Just a long term request 'to drop into the list that stretches years and years long.' How about a start a new game from "this point" in the history option. Do you remember that from TDS?

12. #292 / 476
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

AdamN wrote:

Just a long term request 'to drop into the list that stretches years and years long.' How about a start a new game from "this point" in the history option. Do you remember that from TDS?

Yes it is on the ToDo list and is achievable... I will get around to it at some point. Perhaps we need a new thread on priorities for the site in the new year?

Subject to bug fixes going first of course!

13. #293 / 476
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

tom wrote:
    AdamN wrote:

Yes it is on the ToDo list and is achievable... I will get around to it at some point. Perhaps we need a new thread on priorities for the site in the new year?

Subject to bug fixes going first of course!

I like that idea.  I UnStickied some of the threads last week, for the most part the ones I unstickied hadn't been touched in a long time or pretty much had all the suggestions resolved.

I propose a single thread :)

Check out WarGear Gear at the WarGear Zazzle Store!

"But many who are first will be last, and many who are last will be first." Matthew 19:30 - Good strategy for life and WarGear!

14. #294 / 476
    Standard Member Jigler
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

I would like the "Friend Picker" to include enemies too (though the name may have to be revised if this was done). I make people "enemies" when they are nemeses, so i still like to play with/against them. But perhaps there is suppose to be another use for "enemies" that i am unaware of.

15. #295 / 476
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Jigler wrote:

I would like the "Friend Picker" to include enemies too (though the name may have to be revised if this was done). I make people "enemies" when they are nemeses, so i still like to play with/against them. But perhaps there is suppose to be another use for "enemies" that i am unaware of.

They sound like friends to me.  This is where custom friends lists would be helpful.

BAO alternative:

16. #296 / 476
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

M57 wrote:
    Jigler wrote:

They sound like friends to me.  This is where custom friends lists would be helpful.

11s WF plugin/script thingy did this.  Had 4 ways you could define a person (Friend, Enemy, Blood Brother, Nemesis were the defaults) and you could custom the color/name.

Check out WarGear Gear at the WarGear Zazzle Store!

"But many who are first will be last, and many who are last will be first." Matthew 19:30 - Good strategy for life and WarGear!

17. #297 / 476
    Standard Member Jigler
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

without something like that, what is the point of enemies? just to recognize them in a game or something?

18. #298 / 476
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Enemies actually people who you wish to avoid playing ..for any number of reasons like..

You suspect they cheat.  Their language or name offends you. They have a grudge against you and always attack you.  You know them in real life and wish to avoid them in your virtual life, etc..

There are limits to what setting someone as an enemy accomplishes.  For instance, if you start a public game there is no way to ensure that an enemy will not join.

BAO alternative:
    Edited Tue 4th Jan 21:26 [history]

19. #299 / 476
    Pop. 1, Est. 1981 Alpha
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I am pretty sure that if an enemy is a standard member then they are unable to join any game you have already joined.

Looked it up, here is the entry in the help pages:

Friends are always allowed to send you private messages and they will be available in the quick list of players when creating a new private game. Your enemies cannot post on your profile wall and you can use your preferences to set whether they can send you Private Messages. Also enemies with standard accounts cannot join games that you have started or have already joined. Set Friends and Enemies on your settings pages.

(very nice by the way Yertle).

Never Start Vast Projects With Half Vast Ideas.

20. #300 / 476
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Ok, but enemies who are paying members can join any public game, including those you have joined or started, right?

It does seem a bit unfair to preclude non-paying members from joining all public games (i.e. any game in which they have been designated an enemy by any player in that game. 

BAO alternative:
    Edited Wed 5th Jan 07:08 [history]

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   «««111213141516171819»»»   (24 in total)