Axis & Allies - Technology Advancement
Factory Placement - Limited Orders
This map differs from Toaster's original game in the following ways.
Inclusion of 6th 'power', Italy. Italy now goes first in turn order.
Inclusion of neutrals into play. Taking a neutral incurs a penalty bonus as indicated on the map, but some neutrals may be worth the effort to take. Note - Turkey and SE Europe are now bordered.
Extra firepower/protection for Capitols...they defend and attack with an additional +5% advantage (UK with +10% due to relative local air superiority and huge surface fleet). Capitols: Italy - Northern Italy USSR - Russia proper Germany - East Germany United Kingdom - England Japan - Japan proper US - Eastern US
Small changes to troop allotments and to a few country unit caps (though no change to formula for how max units is calculated). Some countries have been split into 2 spots.
1) Capital Cities - if a nation loses it's capitol city, the conquering power takes over 40% of it's holdings. In the very rare instance when a nation takes a capitol and loses one in the same turn, it will remain active.
2) Strategic bombing - Each capital (exception of US, which has bomber command located in W. China) has a limited (5 units max) bomber command which can attack as artillery to adjacent capitols. This attack is at 85% offensive dice and AA only hits at 35% rate.
3) Additional changes over the 'Capitol's version - strategic bombers can now bomb a range of targets, not just capitols. Furthermore, the US and Japan have an added bombing capability in the Pacific (Japan at New Guinea and US at Hawaii).
4)Gibraltar - now an air base, placement enabled.
1) Factories - Tech Trees, random role - reinforcements are placeable only on factories, air bases, the tech flask and some techs.
2) Factories - Tech Trees, pick role
3) no Factories, random role - placement enabled on any owned territory
4) no Factories, pick role - placement enabled on any owned territory
5) Factories - Limited Orders -same as (1), but with attack orders limited to 20 per turn. Also, fatigue rate of 1% per each 2 turns. Placement enabled only on factories, air bases, the tech flask and some tech spots. Furthermore, pre-transfer fortifies are now limited to 2 fortifications and reinforced units are allowed to attack in the same turn. South Africa acts as both a factory bonus and continent bonus (+2 for each).
6) Tech 1v1
7) Tech 2v2
For Factories and Tech scenario
The world powers can invest in the following technologies
1) Radar - Allows increased viewing capacity
2) Bomb Range - this is defunct and is incorporated into the Heavy Bombs tech.
3) Heavy Bombs - allows for longer range, deadlier strikes and an increase in
firepower (8 units)
4) Nationalism - creates a factory of an additional 2 units placed on
the capital at the start of each turn.
5) Reinforcement - allows reinforcement of ally's capitals
6) Super Subs - German-specific power - with +10% attack advantage, allows up to 3 units to any Atlantic or Mediterranean sz with the additional ability of being to take ownership of those sea zones.
7) Industrial Tech - this adds a bonus reinforcement of 3 units to the nation to be placed anywhere where placement is enabled for the nation.
8) A-bomb - US specific tech; allows an artillery attack of up to 40 units on opposing nation's capitals. Note, UK can use the espionage tech to assist the US in developing the bomb, but it hits at a 50% rate and loses 100% of attacking units.
9) Espionage - allows an artillery attack of up to 5 units against an Italian/German techs.
10) Tenacity - this allows the Japanese to have limited unit strikes against their original islands. The 'midnight' express units have high hit/loss rates.
11) Recruitment - Factory bonus of +1 troops to each of original land territories that are owned.
Bonuses, Limits and Dice